“Mr Tom Poolton ”
Review of The Boathouse

The Boathouse
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: A Warm Welcome to The BoatHouse The Boat House is Worcestershire's new tapas restaurant and wine bar serving Mediterranean and British tapas dishes for lunch or evening meals. We are also open for drinks and coffees. The Boat House also boasts the best view in town with outside seating and balcony areas overlooking the river. Tapas is made up of small dishes, appetisers or snacks and is a great way to enjoy a variety of tastes and flavours you may order as few or as many dishes as you like. All our taps dishes are freshly prepared with love from our experienced kitchen team. After placing your order if you wish to add dishes or try anything else please feel free to ask. The serving of tapas is designed to encourage conversation because people are not so focused on eating an entire meal set out before them. We encourage a relaxed way of dinning, we hope you enjoy your experience with us at the Boat House and if you require anything at all however big or small please feel free to ask, we are here to help. Enter as a customer, leave as a friend!
Reviewed 18 October 2017 via mobile

My wife and I come here on a regular basis,
The food is superb,
The choice is excellent,
And the staff are very friendly and polite especially Mary !
We have recommended this place to lots of people,
And they all come back .

khass2014, Owner at The Boathouse, responded to this reviewResponded 9 November 2017

Dear Thomas,

Thank you for taking the time to review our restaurant I am so pleased that you enjoy our food during visits to The Boathouse. I was also pleased to read that you find our staff friendly and polite, I will pass on this feedback particularly to Mary!

Many thanks and we look forward to seeing you again very soon

Kyle and staff

Reviewed 14 October 2017

We called in briefly for lunch (we had a 2pm appointment). There may have been disabled access but I didn't notice as at the moment I can manage with my stick tho' the steps were very steep. I'd been chatting to a little old lady with a wheelie frame and offered to help her up the steps but she said she was alright (though I didn't quite see how.) I think she must be a regular as one of the staff immediately went out to help her.
My son and I only got as far as the ground floor bar/eating area to place our order - we were fortunate that it was a lovely day (October in the U.K.!) and wanted to sit outside. The first thing we noticed was a board on the counter advertising "Boards". I said I didn't want to eat a board; we just had time for a sandwich as we had a 2pm appointment in Hanley Swan. A Board for 2 turned out to be cheese, pickles, etc so we decided to try it, plus a pot of tea for 2
Service was first class and friendly. We very much enjoyed the variety of cheeses and the bread was lovely and fresh.
I didn't notice any ashtrays but as a smoker I'm always very careful with my cigarette ends (roll-ups, so not quite as noxious as cork tips). The usual scenario is - if there are no ashtrays there are loads of cork tips lying round on the floor. There were none. Either there were ashtrays somewhere or they have good cleaners! The toilets were very clean also.
Our experience at the Boathouse was totally 5* and I would definitely go back.

Thank you for taking the time to review your experience at the Boathouse. I was pleased to read that you enjoyed your meal and in particular that you were satisfied with the cleanliness of our restaurant

Many thanks and we hope to see you and your son again very soon

Reviewed 5 October 2017

Following a friend’s recommendation, I visited The Boathouse and I’ve now been a handful of times since my first visit. The food there has been consistently delicious, well presented and full of flavour. We enjoyed the King Tapas choice, this is 11 tapas dishes for £23 – excellent value!

There's a great atmosphere, the staff are welcoming and make you feel comfortable as soon as you walk into the restaurant.

This is all before I mention the location, the restaurant is next to the River Severn and looks out to the river and countryside - it’s the perfect place for watching the sunset. There’s a balcony too for al fresco dining.

I’m also looking forward to going one evening with my friends to try some of the cocktails and extensive drinks choices that are there too. We found out about this the last time we went!

Overall I’ve had a fantastic experience every time I’ve been and would highly recommend anyone to try it out to see for themselves. I’ll be back again very soon.

1  Thank avocadoandtoast

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent experience with us at The Boathouse. I was pleased to read that you find our food 'consistently delicious' and our staff welcoming.Our kings tapas is fast becoming the most popular choice amongst our regular diners and it is great to get such good feedback from a repeat customer

We look forward to welcoming you back to The Boathouse again very soon

Reviewed 2 October 2017 via mobile

We visited The Boathouse with friends on Saturday. The food and service were excellent. We had the mixed tapas; everything was freshly cooked and delicious. Would thoroughly recommend.

khass2014, Owner at The Boathouse, responded to this reviewResponded 10 November 2017

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent experience with us and we hope to see you again soon

Many thanks

Reviewed 25 September 2017

Visited The Boathouse on Sunday with a group of friends. Only planned on having a coffee but ended up having tapas (which was delicious) and sitting on the balcony most of the afternoon enjoying the view in the late summer sunshine. Service was outstanding, and nothing was too much trouble. Would definitely recommend if visiting the area.

1  Thank Louise D
khass2014, Owner at The Boathouse, responded to this reviewResponded 27 September 2017

Thank you for taking the time to review your experience with us here at The Boathouse

I am so glad you enjoyed your meal and hope to see you again soon

Kind regards