1,254 results
All reviews leisure facilities evening meal tennis courts coach party steam room swimming pool afternoon tea leisure club lovely hotel night break changing rooms visited this hotel travelzoo deal no lift scones enjoyable stay family room
Reviewed 21 October 2018 via mobile

Nice hotel in a lovely quiet location. Spacious room however bed was rather firm which was not to our taste. Cannot review leisure facilities as we didn’t use. Really friendly and helpful staff especially receptionist Laura.

Date of stay: October 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
MatthewW4434, General Manager at Hallmark Hotel Stourport Manor, responded to this reviewResponded 22 October 2018

Dear 488becky

I was pleased to read that you enjoyed your weekend with us, thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience and special mention for Laura, who is a real star for sure

Reviewed 21 October 2018

We enjoyed our visit to this hotel which was comfortable, clean and welcoming. Our room was spacious and the breakfast and evening meal were excellent. The weather was beautiful which allowed us to enjoy the grounds.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
MatthewW4434, General Manager at Hallmark Hotel Stourport Manor, responded to this reviewResponded 21 October 2018

Dear maggieg383

I was delighted to read that you had enjoyed your recent time with us, thank you for posting your thoughts here

Reviewed 20 October 2018

Our trip was booked via a Groupon Dinner Bed and Breakfast offer

On arrival the hotel looked nice and grounds well kept, reception was busy and it took a while to get checked in, pleasantly surprised to see some nice warm cookies available that were free for guests, a nice touch.

Once at the front of the queue we were promptly sorted and sent to our room on in the original manor house, we were instantly disappointed, the room was tiny and in dire need of a refurb, shower was mouldy! We went back down to reception who were very understanding and offered us another much nicer room in the newer part of the building, which unfortunately had been poorly cleaned, we were again moved to a room which we were both happy with (bit of a nightmare to start with especially given it was our anniversary) I must add the receptionist Laura was incredibly understanding and helpful and is a credit to the hotel! We even got a very special freebie for our troubles, a very nice touch.

In terms of the actual hotel, communal areas were all very nice, the restaurant a little unromantic I guess due to a general lack of ambience, was fine for breakfast (which was excellent by the way, lots of choice and all well cooked) but a little to 'clinical' for our evening meal. Staff in the bar and restaurant very attentive and meal was served in good time (my steak however was overcooked but chose not to mention it) also a shame that our choice for starter was unavailable.

All in all after an initial hiccup we had a pleasurable stay, we didnt get to use the swimming pool as it was being refurbed. The hotel in general in terms of the rooms and access to the rooms is a little dated and in need of refurb, if this was done and with the quality of staff they have then I would class it as a genuine 4 star, a shame it has such potential.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank jock1967

Dear jock1967

Thank you for your recent review and kind words for the service you received, in particular for the support gained from Laura who really is a true asset to the team here.

I was however disappointed to read of the various issues you encountered, please do accept my sincere apologies for any shortfall in service and product quality. I will discuss these matters with Laura directly, to ensure we learn from your observations, though please feel free to contact me should you not be happy with the final outcome, of have more feedback, which I would welcome

matthew.ward@hallmarkhotels.co.uk

Reviewed 20 October 2018 via mobile

Went with my best friend for a girls nite away using a travelzoo deal. From the very start it went well, the receptionist which I think was Laura was very welcoming and engaging . Room was a little dated but comfortable and had a lovely view of the grounds. Dinner in the restaurant was superb and so was the service. These days getting customer service with a smile and when nothing is too much trouble is becoming rare, but this hotel have it just right. Again breakfast was wonderful too!
The hotel is in a good location as well, we went to Bewdley and then Worcester for shopping.
Would definitely return , thank you Stourport Manor.

Trip type: Travelled with friends

Dear Caroline C

Thank yo for your wonderful post and kind words, especially for the service provided by Laura and the team here. I will be sure to share your comments with her personally.

I was delighted to read that your girly weekend away was an absolute treat

Reviewed 20 October 2018

The receptionist was pleasant & helpful. The room was clean & all we needed. A very large, comfortable bed. The evening meal was good & staff were doing a good job. I commented to my husband that some background music would have improved the atmosphere in the restaurant, which basically seemed a bit clinical.
The carpets along the corridor were strange stripes which my husband didn’t like. I thought it was odd.
We had a comfortable night. The breakfast had a wide variety of choice, but my husband thought the cooked items had started to dry out . Generally I’d say that we would return in the future because our niggles are minor.

Dear Suemelady

Thank you for your recent feedback and kind words. As you will be aware the breakfast offer is a buffet, though the team are very happy to offer fresh produce from the kitchen upon request

We hope to welcome you again soon