“Outside catering”

Cuisines: British, Fast food
Description: Award winning Traditional English fish and chips
Description: Award winning Traditional English fish and chips
Reviewed 1 October 2018

We often visit the chip shop at weekends and have always been delighted with the quality of food we receive. Therefore when it came to catering for an event I was holding at Blakedown Parish rooms, it was by far the natural choice. The food for 65, arrived on time and piping hot despite having travelled some distance. Many people commented on how good the food was and we were pleased that napkins, cutlery and sauces were provided too. Greg was very understanding as the numbers changed during the day and there were other meals required which were different to the fish and chips. Would have no problem recommending Our Plaice for outside catering.

1  Thank TracyP700
Caroline H, Owner at Our Plaice, responded to this reviewResponded 9 October 2018

So glad you enjoyed your evening,
love a good review :)

Hope to be of assistance in the future......

Reviewed 29 September 2018 via mobile

My wife popped in here for a LARGE bag of chips but when she returned home the portion was the size of a CONE.

Upon driving back to the shop the girl called my wife a liar and claimed not to have served that small portion.

My wife had the money back and went up the road instead.

Years ago my wife’s sister played football with the owners daughter and subsequently knew her father Greg (the owner). We often ask how Vicky and Greg are so to be treated like this was gobsmacking to say the least.

Needless to say we won’t be returning in a hurry!

Really sorry you had a bad experience this isn't the normal service we give.
I do however find it hard to believe any member of our staff would call a customer a liar. We offer excellent service and we are often complimented on that fact as you can see from our reviews.

I wish we could have had the opportunity to discuss this over the telephone personally to make it right.

Reviewed 10 September 2018

Seems to be virtually 'cook to order' so fresh fish and chips.Served in cardboard boxes which keep food warm and make it more convenient to eat. Would recommend for takeaway.

Caroline H, Owner at Our Plaice, responded to this reviewResponded 10 September 2018

Thank you for your positive feedback and yes we pride ourselves on cooking all our food fresh.

Reviewed 5 August 2018 via mobile

Visited with photography friends who recommended Our Plaice when at the Severn valley steam railway 50 year since end of steam event on Saturday August 4th 2018. The chip shop opposite you'd probably see and hear of first, but so glad to be told of and have "Our Plaice" pointed out. First off both young assistants were very polite and courteous with taking order and throughout bring the meal to departing. Tea's were quick and warm whilst waiting for the food to be cooked, which didn't take too long to be brought out too us. Food was wonderful! I had pie and chips, as sold out of fishcakes, and cup of tea, all with proper plates and cutlery for £4.80 which for me was excellent value compared from my very few times at McDonald's. Friends had fish and said of how nice there meal was as well. Decent portions and well cooked, with wonderful service. Very much recommended from this visit.

1  Thank Phil G

Thank you for your kind comments our staff work very hard and we pride ourselves on the food and service we give.

Reviewed 1 August 2018

Having missed my train connections late one evening, I stumbled across Our Plaice in Hagley. The owners not only helped find somewhere to rest my weary bones for the night but even found me a hotel and booked it for me, then ordered me a taxi. It arrived 20 minutes later after I ordered Haddock and chips, which gave me time to sit and eat them outside the shop on the bench. In between all this Tori the lady owner even charged my mobile which was completely dead.
What lovely people.
On top of that I have to say the haddock was perfectly done with very light batter, and a good portion size.
Iam from Chester, and go into north wales regularly where my wife and I use a famous chippy there called Enochs which has won a lot of awards. I have to say the haddock at our Plaice was better, because of the batter.

Looking forward to getting lost there again just so I can fall into this brilliant chippy.

Best wishes Tim.

1  Thank timevoy
Caroline H, Owner at Our Plaice, responded to this reviewResponded 3 August 2018

Thank you for your review always happy to help!

Can you post on our Hagley trip advisor page if that's not too much trouble.
This is our Kidderminster shop.

Hope to see you again when you are in the area