“Best value for money in town on a monday after 5pm”
Review of The Island Pool

The Island Pool
Price range: US$ 6 - US$ 29
Cuisines: British
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Description: The Island Pool is a clasic country pub serving not only a high standard of food but great tradional ales. We have to offer, a carvery with a choice our locally sourced meats accompanied by a wide variety of fresh locally sourced vegetables. Alongside our carvery we have an extensive menu with a range of foods to suit any and every pallet. We are proud to offer exquisite beef steaks, also sourced locally, and are all cooked to perfection.For Bookings or any information, send us a message or give us a call! We look forward to welcoming you soon.
Reviewed 26 June 2018 via mobile

Last Thursday I came here for lunch (which was lovely) and saw that on a monday after 5 a selection of dishes were half price. Seeing as we had enjoyed our lunch so much, which were reasonably priced anyway, we came back this evening and a very enjoyable meal at half price. The mixed grill was a good size, the steak was good and the fish looked delicious. Will definitely be back!

1  Thank nicolehC9321GP

Reviewed 24 June 2018

Went for late lunch at all day carvery,the food was good even though it was quiet still topping up the veg with fresh.Would recommend

Reviewed 24 June 2018

Have passed here many times I was looking for somewhere that had not got a tv because England where playing in the World Cup now much as I want England to win I don,t want it on while I was eating my delicious Sunday lunch everything was good especially my pudding it was a lovely day to sit outside the staff were friendly and we will be coming back.

Reviewed 21 June 2018

We had the opportunity to have lunch with one of our grandaughers on a short visit from university who particularly liked a good carvery and although we had not been to this one we had heard good reports. We booked although on a Wednesday it would not be important!my I think. There where a choice of four meets and the widest choose of vegetables I have seen in a carvery for some time. If you would like an alternative to a carvery there was other things on a separate menu. The service was good and the staff very friendly. My only negative comment would be on the state of the men's toilets. However I would still recommend a visit here for a very good carvery.

Reviewed 18 June 2018

There have been some mixed reviews recently, so I thought I aught to place mine.
We called in without a reservation on Monday evening, and although it was very busy they gave us a table that was reserved but not needed for an hour and quarter.
We ordered the mixed grill and a sirloin steak. it came promptly and we ate leisurely and still cleared the table with nearly half an hour spare. The meal was excellent value for money - (between 5-8pm on a Monday certain dishes, including ours was half price!) they were too filling to manage a pudding!
Well done Island Pool!