“Sunday lunch in a baguette!”

Bodenham Arboretum Restaurant
Ranked #19 of 139 Restaurants in Kidderminster
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 2 November 2015

Couldn't get a table her for Sunday lunch as they were fully booked, so we ate outside and had pork and stuffing baguettes with roasties on the side. My nephew had a kids lunch which he thoroughly enjoyed. Not a lot else to choose from regarding sandwiches/snacks but everyone seemed to be very happy with whatever version of the car very they chose. Will definitely go back!

1  Thank Sally S

Reviewed 27 October 2015

Every couple of months the three of us go out to lunch, we choose a different place each time and this time it was the turn of The Arboretum.
This is the third time I've been to this restaurant and each time I've been impressed. Once it was for an evening function for he local Bench and once for a tourism event.
The food is served from a carvery, prices cover a large or small serving. I had roast pork and roast lamb, each was excellent and lots of it. If I had a problem here it was that the veg were a little on the cool side.
For dessert the other two had chocolate fudge which looked yummy but as I always get suckered into chocolate I had the bread and butter pudding which really did stick to my ribs.
My meal cost just over £14 with a pot of tea to finish.
The restaurant however isn't the only thing that goes on here the Arboretum itself is an important attraction and there is always something going on. At the time we were there it was the approach to All Hallows and at Christmas there is a trail around the entry to the trees with the story of Christmas in various stables and other buildings. Well worth a visit with young children.
I'll certainly return to the Arboretum probably next time with my wife.

Reviewed 24 October 2015 via mobile

We went for a walk round the arboretum with a view to enjoying autumn colours. Whilst there were some interesting species the whole experience felt rather like a stroll round the perimeter of a 1970s suburban housing estate, and at £6.50 each entry fee we were rather disappointed. We felt we'd have done better just walking on nearby Kinver Edge. However the food in the cafe smelled good and the staff were very cheerful. If you come here for the roast dinners you might be more satisfied with it than the flora and fauna.

Reviewed 21 October 2015

Locally reared meats on carvery, beautifully cooked. Traditional puddings....delicious. All to be eaten in the earth centre overlooking a pool with interesting bird life. Staff very accommodating. We were well looked after.

Reviewed 28 September 2015

We went for the carvery to celebrate a family birthday. There were 15 of us including 5 children. The food was hot and fresh. There was a huge variety and lots of it! Everyone really enjoyed their meal. The restaurant is bright and airy and sunny the day we went! The restaurant has a relaxed feel to it.. It was also very busy! Staff were polite. The desserts looked good but we were too full to eat one!