All reviews health club leisure centre safari park buffet style steam room family room spa facilities public areas reception staff cooked breakfast bar area wedding reception large room enjoyable stay short break full english the severn valley railway
Reviewed 14 November 2018

On arrival the hotel looked very tired and had a faint, musty/mouldy smell. My colleague's room was boiling hot and smelt as though someone had been smoking in the room just minutes before. It was so stuffy. My room was merely a little better. The bed was clean but the bathroom had hairs on the floor, in the bath and in the sink. The sink also had brown stains all around the plug. Overall I would not recommend this hotel at all.

• Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank rubywindsor
Debbie J, Manager at Mercure Bewdley The Heath Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 19 November 2018

Hi There,

Thank you for your feedback following your stay.

I am sorry to read your comment about the room and I have shared your feedback with my housekeeping team and they would like to pass on their sincere apologies for the shortfall in service.

Once again thank you for your feedback.

Regards

Rama

Reviewed 13 November 2018 via mobile

There is a faint smell in the whole building, the wallpaper is peeling off the wall, the bathroom had an awfully strong and unpleasant smell, the heating wasn't great and the bathroom wasnt that clean. The only decent thing was the breakfast.

Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank Harneet G

Hi,

Thank you for your feedback following your stay.

I am sorry to read that you found your stay not to be comfortable.I have shared your feedback with my housekeeping team as well as your positive comment about breakfast to my chef as well.

Once again thank you for your feedback.

Kind Regards

Rama

Reviewed 11 November 2018

Stayed overnight as we attended a function in a nearby golf club. Very welcoming at check in and allocated a room on the ground floor. Room itself ok and not being one that expects a full room refurbishment after every occupant but in need of a little TLC. Breakfast ok but again service was very good. Hotel has a leisure club but we did not use.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank PaulandShirls
Reviewed 10 November 2018 via mobile

We stayed on Friday 26 October. We don’t stay away often and as hoteliers Mercure know the basics for what is needed for a pleasant stay in a mid range hotel, sadly this hotel doesn’t have them. Rather worryingly whilst in Bewdley we saw the hotel advertised as luxury! I can only concur with reviews recently posted this is not a good place to stay. I should have checked reviews before booking but as the hotel was a Mercure I thought it would be ok. We weren’t expecting much, but all the ‘little’ things that were amiss were simply compounded by the fact the heating was not working and no one told us this even when we asked!! Staff murmured ‘think there might be some problems’! No explanation, apology or heater given.
There is a ‘Christmas’ display in reception about festive functions at the hotel, do steer clear of this place, they haven’t got the facilities or staff to run a half decent hotel here. Very, very disappointing night. Thankfully it was just the one.
Breakfast has been mentioned by others, you’d have to really try to present something as unpalatable and inedible as the Mercure ‘breakfast’. It all looked like it had been sitting in the warming trays for at least a day or 2!! Probably had!!

Date of stay: October 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank kirstiesimon
Reviewed 2 November 2018

To be honest, I don't like to give negative opinions but I stayed 3 nights in this place and it's the worst place I have been during last few years.
The first day when I went for the breakfast the lady said "sorry but we don't have pastries and fruit because yesterday was weekend". So, what does she mean? Any hotel in the World has pastries and fruit on Monday? The breakfast was very poor and slow. The second day, I ordered "one omelette, mushrooms, vegetarian sussage and tomato". They made a big omelette with everything inside including meat and full of beans. Totally disgusting. Finally I only ate one yogur, the more expensive yogur of my life (I think the breakfast cost around 20 EUR). The third, last day, the breakfast was correct, it was very surprising that I received what I ordered.
Moreover, the first night, the room was very cold and I need to order a heater because the hotel was like a fridge.
So, I'm very disapointed and I hope never come back to this place. Premier Inn is more fair in terms of price/value in the area.

Date of stay: October 2018