All reviews health club leisure centre safari park buffet style steam room family room spa facilities breakfast staff a ground floor room family wedding double bed cooked breakfast bar area wedding reception enjoyable stay large room two night stay
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

My wife and I booked into this hotel for three nights for a 70th Birthday Party. After the second night, I discovered mould on a pillow case that I had been sleeping on. I called the Duty Manager who came to the room. She was highly embarrassed at this discovery and all the other faults we listed with the room including lack of general cleanliness, one caster missing off the bed, a light hanging out of the ceiling over the bath, bath plug without a chain, shared balcony with no privacy to name but a few. The Duty Manager, offered to move us to the "best room in the hotel" (her words not mine and if that was the best room, I'd hate to see the worst!)), a 50% refund on our booking fee. She also offered a free drink at the birthday party which never materialised and a free breakfast. However, having been served a cold carvery, burnt roast potatoes, cold vegetables and a chilled pudding served with hot custard, we decided not to risk the breakfast. All in all, an awful stay at a hotel that I certainly wouldn't recommend to anyone. The only good thing was the 70th Party if you exclude the food.

Room Tip: Choose another hotel would be my advice
  • Stayed: September 2018, travelled with friends
2  Thank John H
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Stayed for one night previously and had a good stay so booked for a further three nights. Booked a premium room and was allocated the Westminster room which was large but very badly lit even considering two lights did not work. As part of the deal robes were provided although when we asked where they were we were told that they were in the wash. Eventually two were provided still warm from the dryer. The bed was comfortable although sleep was disturbed by a loud droning noise and bumps and bangs during the early hours. We requested a room change and were allocated a room on the top floor overlooking the front of the hotel. The receptionist said that this was also a premium room although there was a complete lack of facilities associated with that type of room .Also, the room was not cleaned properly as the furniture had a thick layer of dust over it. When we returned to the hotel on the second day, the room had been partially cleaned in as much as the rubbish bins had been emptied and the contents had been put in the wardrobe space. The bed had not been made up. We complained to the receptionist and asked to see the manager but were given the excuse that the manager was not available. Eventually, we spoke to the manager of the leisure centre at the hotel who tried his best to sort the problems out. On check out, we again asked to speak to manager and he same receptionist said the manager was not available. After a while we were met by the assistant manager who agreed to refund the difference in the room charges.
As an Accor Club member I contacted the customer service department by e mail (twice) and once by telephone and informed them of our problems at this hotel and I am still waiting for a reply.
Although the staff at the hotel are very pleasant and try to do their best, I expect that the reception staff are tired of dealing with complaints, I cannot recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
2  Thank philb92
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Stayed here recently for one night. Although checking in was a bit slow, but that was partly down to them not having any record of my booking from booking.com. So once I was sorted, all was fine. Room was great, comfortable bed, good size bathroom, and bath. Good WiFi. Free access to leisure facilities. Although to my shame, I never made use of it. Has a nice quiet bar area, and outdoor seating. Never had anything to eat here, but they do room service, which is always a plus for me.
All the staff that I met where very friendly, chatty, and helpful.
The hotel is situated in a very quiet rural location, and would need a 5min taxi to the town.
I would stay here again, and would probably stay a couple of days next time.
Thumbs up from me

Stayed: September 2018, travelled solo
Debbie J, General Manager at Mercure Bewdley The Heath Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear Daniel Q

Thank you for your lovely review. It was a pleasure to read. I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the very near future.

Simon

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Attentive staff mostly but......
Unfortunately the attention to detail especially on the maintanence side was not up to scratch. Firstly the website states you have a nespresso coffee machine in your room along with dressing gown and slippers and would get a daily news papers. None of these things were in the room and had to be asked for although the paper and nespresso machine never arrived. Then the room shows signs that it needed attention. For instance the toilet flush only worked if you pumped it, the grout around the bath was mouldy, the mirror was cracked and missing the screw head caps, two or three of the light bulbs were blown, the telephone didn't work, dirty marks on the back of the door and the net curtains had a large rip in them. The dining room had duck tape on the carpets in a number of places and if you wanted service at the bar in the afternoon you were in for a long wait. Breakfast was adequate but was missing the yougart that apparently had not been ordered and the toaster kept setting off the fire alarms. I think it would benefit from a refit and better management so paying over £150 per night should have been a better experience.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple

Dear Chris H,

Thank you for taking the time to write about your experience at the Hotel. I am so disappointed you experienced all these issues. Please do accept my apologies.

I can assure you I have taken on board your comments and shared them with the team. We are going through significant change currently and I am sure that when we come out the other side every guest will see a significant improvement.

Simon.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Just awful- hard to describe the long list of problems. Truly horrible food at dinner, breakfast basic, tired rooms and understaffed. Staff pleasant and tried to help but its just failing. Any complaints to management are met with an explanation along the lines of "undergoing change" and "training staff" and "key people have left" etc.

Sorry, management- it doesn't explain piles and piles of used linen in corridor at 4pm, cold and inedible food, rooms which are depressing, no pleasant lounge, ghastly grubby sofas which look like charity shop buys etc.

Really surprised at Mercure. It needs significant intervention to help it to achieve even a basic standard. Avoid.

Room Tip: Just avoid it.
  • Stayed: September 2018, travelled with friends
1  Thank DanseDanse

Dear DanseDanse,

Thank you for taking the time to write about your experience at the Hotel. Your comments have been duly noted and I can assure you they will be acted upon.

Please do accept my apologies for the inconveniences you experienced during your stay. I can assure you we re working relentlessly to rectify everything you have mentioned

Simon