All reviews spent a comfortable night lovely dog excellent meal terrine lydiard park three courses at short notice tea making facilities quiet location tea and coffee character
Reviewed 12 August 2018 via mobile

We spent a comfortable night in a clean, spacious and well-appointed room and had a delicious, definitely well above-average evening meal. The varied selection of vegetables, all cooked to perfection, deserve a special mention. Fred, the dog was a big hit with all three of us.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 8 August 2018

A lovely Hotel full of character just outside Swindon. Stayed for 4 nights in Mid July for work. Nothing was to much trouble for Karen and her husband.....not forgetting 'Fred' the dog who needs no introduction and will make himself known to you upon arrival. Rooms comfortable, with Tea & Coffee Making facilities, Iron and TV, WIFI brilliant -everything you would expect! The bathroom was spotless and had a really powerful shower. Room cleaned every day, with towels replaced also. Couldn't fault this place ....The food is pretty good as well.

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed 22 July 2018 via mobile

Couldn’t ask for more really, found the hotel clean and tidy, Karen was more than a great host, bar had a good choice, wouldn’t think twice about going back, nothing seemed like to much trouble, relaxing sat night away which was what we wanted!!

Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 May 2018

DO NOT BOOK THIS HOTEL!

While travelling for work my company booked me into this hotel, as soon as we had booked, the owner telephoned to demand an arrival time as the doors would be locked at 10pm sharp. I quickly rushed to the hotel before even stopping for food and arrived at 9.05pm. Expecting a warm welcome I was quite disapointed to recieve such a cold woman at the desk.

She gave me a form to fill in and asked for my bank card, i said you wont need it as you have already charged my companies card. She then said no we need written confirmation from your boss, he has to sign the form I emailed and send it to me. Bearing in mind my boss wont have access to his office at 9pm at night. I thought she was joking! I said ok fine this is really a very odd request, what hotel manually sends a form by email that you have print out and send back?, refund my company card and i will pay myself. She then said I wont refund the company card as its non refundable and she could have sold the room again! I said you dont need to as you are selling the room to me anyway? Im not paying for the room twice!

So I phoned hotels.com while in reception to ask them not to authorise my company card so i could pay by another method as we couldnt meet her administration demands but she had already taken the money while still demanding i pay again knowing full well she already had the money! Absolutely bizarre woman, she then told me to sort it out on the phone and went off and hid in the kitchen while leaving me on my own in reception with no resolution and no one to talk to but hotels.com

Not once was I rude or did I raise my voice, I even patted the lovely dog while I stood in the empty reception area for 50 minutes. This is honestly the worst customer service I have ever received in my entire life. To top it off, I went outside to my car to get my bag and she locked me out! Actually locked me out! I just saw her looking down out of the top window while she abruptly shut the curtains and that was that! I was still on the phone to hotels.com who were dumbfounded at her behaviour and gave me a £60 credit to stay somewhere else.

This is so underhand, knowing she has you over a barrell to make you pay twice. I have read other reviews saying the same thing. I will be reporting this to Action Fraud, Watchdog and Hotels.com.

My advice, if you dont want last minute or corporate bookings, then dont take them, but dont make life hell for someone who just wants a bed for the night. I would say stick your apology, but I can see from other reviews you are so self centred you wont even reply, and that just says it all!

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled on business
4  Thank Andy G
Reviewed 19 May 2018 via mobile

For my father’s funeral I was trying to book multiple rooms in Swindon for a group using an online booking Agent.

It was for five rooms for 3 nights. I mistakenly clicked ‘pay instantly’ on one of the rooms. As I wasn’t paying for the booking, just arranging the rooms I immediately contacted booking.com to ask that they amend the one incorrectly booked room to match the others as ‘pay on arrival’.

Booking.com were helpful, they contacted the hotel and rang back to say they’d spoken to the hotel and they’d refused to amend it.

We thought that truly bizarre and called the hotel ourselves explaining it was a particularly difficult and stressful time and we’d made a genuine error and would they please amend the one room to the same terms as the other four? They rudely flatly refused. It was the manager and he was offhand and brusque.

Needless to say we cancelled the other 4 rooms and yes, the hotel made around £60 for that one night room charge, but they lost out on the other 4 x rooms for 3 nights.

Totally unpleasant and irrational behaviour.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family