A lovely modern hotel. Quite a good sized room on the 3rd floor, spotlessly clean. Plenty of good quality tea & coffee, plus some lovely homemade biscuits, and gorgeous fluffy bathrobes. Staff all seemd very nice - all professional and very curteous. I had a 25 minute massage in the spa - Jade was excellent, and I can't reccommend her highly enough. I didn't use the pool as I'd forgotten my costume, but the spa girls did try to find me one. Alas, it was too small.
The bar and library areas are very relaxing. Bar prices are a little expensive, but again the service was good.
We ate in the Clubhouse Brasserie. They had no record of our reservation, but found us a table in the very packed restaurant within a few minutes. The food was very good - once it arrived. The staff were obviously busy - it was the Jubilee Bank Holiday Monday - but everyone had to wait an awfully long time for food. A couple of the waitresses didn't even seem bothered about trying to rush - and the Manager seemed to be getting rather annoyed. A shame really, but I'm sure it's not always like that
Breakfast in the main restaurant was a very relaxed affair. A good selection of buffet on offer, and a hot breakfast is waiter service.
We also had access to Bowood House and gardens, which we thoroughly enjoyed. Had a Jubilee afternoon tea in the restaurant at the House and it was delicious. I highly reccommend the scones!
All in all a very relaxing overnight stay - marred a bit by the fact that so many people seemed to let their children run riot and do very little to control them. Our next visit will be in September, so all the children will be back at school.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Ideally situated just off the A4 between Calne and Chippenham on the stunning Bowood Estate. All bedrooms and suites are decorated in a Contemporary English Country house style and incorporate plasma screen televisions, internet access and Wi-Fi. Dine in the stunning 82 seat restaurant and have a drink in the duel lounge bar featuring wood burning fires. The spa offers an infinity swimming pool, gym, rock sauna, crystal steam room and aromatherapy showers. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Agoda, Hotel.de and HRS so you can book your Bowood Hotel, Spa & Golf Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bowood Hotel, Spa & Golf Hotel Calne
- Bowood Hotel, Spa And Golf Resort