“Awful - staff are shocking!”
Review of Blue Bell Inn

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Wentbridge
Blue Bell Inn
Ranked #1 of 1 Wentbridge B&B and Inns
Pontefract, United Kingdom
“Awful - staff are shocking!”
Reviewed 11 April 2012

I had been advised that the food at this pub was good but I'd been warned at how unfriendly the staff were & they weren't joking! A scowl from the moment we walked through the door was unmistakable. We were really looking forward to our nice Sunday carvery, however the layers of butter added to everything ruined the taste. Even the stuffing was brought out with a scoop of butter unmelted on top. We're never going again & we think the only reason its busy is that who doesnt like the idea of a remote pub near the country, I doubt that they have many repeat customers.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with friends
2 Thank 101Andie
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Solo
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 April 2012

We are not locals, but chose to visit this pub whilst staying with family. I made a reservation in advance and when we arrived we were just told to sit at the third table on the left - no smile of friendly greeting at all.
Eventually, the unfriendly waitress came to take our order - we assume she had, as she just stood at the end of the table with her pad and pen poised. She did not speak the whole time. When the food arrived, over a space of about 5 mins, the portion sizes were huge. The braising steak must have been about a pound of meat in a very dark glutenous gravy (clearly made with gravy granules) it looked very unappetising. The mashed potato tasted like a packet mix too. The chicken, bacon and brie ciabatta looked devoid of colour. The ciabatta seemed unbaked, the chicken had no colour and the bacon was hard.
We did not want a confrontation, so chose to pay the bill and leave. We left nearly all the food and no questions were asked. Any decent establishment would be concerned about the amount of food left and enquire as to what was wrong - not here. We will not be back.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank lovesangria
london
Reviewed 22 March 2012

I had an early evening dinner here in March. The place was packed so luckily my friends had booked. there is some deal where meals before 7 pm off a set choice menu and smaller portions are cheap. However I chose chicken in wensleydale cheese sauce. Was a large portion and no dessert was needed. Service was OK. I would not it was super friendly but neither was it bad, it also was very busy. the pub also gave my friend and his wildlife group free use of a meeting room upstairs for their monthly meeting.
would I come again? Yes. This place is half a mile off the A1 and a good place for all those that want to and need to avoid service stations. Beer was nice also. huge car park.
I have been reviewing on here about a year and some of my reviews are negative, but the one negative review here below from someone who has only posted once, is not my experience at all. This is a nice place to have very good pub food, and a glass of beer.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with friends
Leeds
Reviewed 22 February 2012

I went to this place tonight for a meal with my friends and family. It was recommended by a friend who said that the food was excellent and the staff were friendly and I couldn't agree more. The staff were very friendly and polite and the food was amazing. I did experience a wait for my meal but this was sure to be down to it being very busy but it was well worth the wait. I defiantly would recommend the Blue Bell Inn to anyone who is wanting a great atmosphere and even better food. I will defiantly be returning.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Chris R
Leeds, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 February 2012

After reading the review from Doncaster I was appalled and really think the writer has been somewhere else. My husband and I frequently go for lunch during the week, and always have to book which in itself speaks volumes. We also held our Golden Wedding celebrations there and were delighted with the whole deal. We entertained 50 people and everyone enjoyed themselves. Several of our guests have been back since. The staff couldnt do enought for us, the food was excellent and the room was first class. Keep up the good work.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Wentbridge
0.4 km away
2.6 km away
Kyte Hotel
Kyte Hotel
#1 of 1 in Darrington

Been to Blue Bell Inn? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK