Free cancellation until 27/07
US$ 118
Chevin End Guest House(Ilkley)(Great Value!)
US$ 98
Book now, pay at stay
US$ 85
Travelocity
1,130 results
All reviewswedding breakfastgroupon dealold buildinglovely hotelcourse mealilkley moorcouldn't faulttown centrecow and calffull englishyogurtballroombrasserievenueleeds
Reviewed 3 April 2018

Stayed here over the Easter weekend on a DBB break. The hotel was very clean and tidy, in public areas and in the bedroom.
Staff were really friendly and accommodating,
I would recommend a stay here, we could have easily done another night.

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
TheCraiglandsHotel, Guest Relations Manager at The Craiglands Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 30 April 2018

Dear Guests, Thank you for your review, I am delighted that you enjoyed your visit to the Craiglands Hotel. We hope to look forward in welcoming you back again soon. Best Wishes Guests Relations Manager

Reviewed 3 April 2018 via mobile

We stayed one night for £110 as a family of two adults, two children (8&4) and a baby. We brought our own travel cot.

We were initially disappointed to see that the hotel grounds had been spoilt by some construction work building houses and the conversion of what used to be beautiful gardens at the bottom of those lovely stone steps into what is now a car park with an ugly huge concrete reinforced wall. This wall could look so much better with a simple grass wall feature to hide it.

The car park is still stone chips and is not easy to walk on with bags to carry, no smooth walkway or link through so no good for pushchairs or heels!

As far as first impressions go, the car park scores nil!

So what did we expect for £110? We wrongly thought breakfast was included but were happy to pay extra if not. Until we learnt that it was going to be £10 per person (if we paid at time of checking in or £12.50 in the morning). We asked if the price was the same for children, bearing in mind I knew my 4 year old would have Weetabix and milk only. Sadly, yes the chef apparently would not allow a reduction in price for children. Same price applied. So that would have been £40 for breakfast.
Shame we had that reply because The Wheatley Arms down the road then got our business and we spent a further five hours sat eating and drinking there!

We stay in hotels regularly and don’t expect something for nothing but this lack of understanding about what families need, has determined that we probably won’t book to stay again.

The plus sides are definitely the polite reception lady, the huge family room which was immaculately clean and the hotel generally was presented as clean and tidy. The ball room didn’t look to have changed in the last 15 years, in a good way. It is a great room for a big party! The extension on the right of the hotel needs a new facade as it spoils the overall look of what is otherwise a beautiful building.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family

Dear Guest
I am really sorry to hear that your stay was not up to expectations, I will be looking into all the points you have raised. If you would like to discuss this with you in person, please could you contact me on sales@craiglands.co.uk. Best Wishes Guests Relations Manager

Reviewed 2 April 2018

We booked here as we were attending a wedding reception. We booked 3 rooms, 1 for us, 1 for our daughter and her family and 1 for our son and his wife, we had their son in with us as he was the best man. Our room was ok, it was lovely and warm and would have been ok for the 2 nights we were booked in for.
When I went to get ready I ran the water in the sink to get it warm and the sink filled up, I can hear you saying that is what sinks do and yes I agree, but, you have to put a plug in usually! We then did the same in the bath, yes you’ve guessed, drainage problem! No worries we’ve got 2 other rooms to use. We rung reception to inform them of the problem and to their credit they did come up to sort the problem out. We went to the wedding and the manager came and told us that the problem was solved. We had a lovely evening and then grandson in tow went to bed. I ran the water in the sink to get it warm for a wash and, yes you’ve guessed, problem not solved! We rang reception to report and went to bed. Sunday morning, grandson asked for a bath, I had a shower, didn’t need a plug! Manager came up and an hour and a half later bath and sink still full. We packed our bags up and went out for the day with our family. On our return we had been moved to another room, where the drains worked, the room was warm, the bed comfy an all together better room. The staff are lovely, the breakfasts are delicious and the room to avoid is 127. We had a lovely time but the problems did make it a little stressful and if we hadn’t had access to other facilities I don’t know what they would have done as the hotel was apparently full!

Room Tip: Avoid 127. 122 is good but is over the wedding reception room so is noisy. 128 is good and quiet. 127 & 128 are family rooms.
Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family

Dear Guest
I am really sorry to hear that your stay was not up to expectations, I will be looking into all the points you have raised. If you would like to discuss this with you in person, please could you contact me on sales@craiglands.co.uk. Best Wishes Guests Manager

Reviewed 31 March 2018

This two day break was a Christmas present from my daughter...we stayed Tuesday to Thursday and had a great time....room was spotless ...my wife is disabled and they went out off their way to give us a room which was accessible with a wet room ...staff were fantastic ...the bar area had been done up and was lovely and pleasant to sit of an evening with a nice glass of wine...Rachel the bar person was a pleasure to know ..I only downside was the hill but it hasn’t put us off returning...look forward to seein u all again...jim and Mary cameron

Room Tip: Views from 2nd floor are fantastic
Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
TheCraiglandsHotel, Guest Relations Manager at The Craiglands Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 2 April 2018

Dear Guest,
Thank you very much for your review, I am delighted that you enjoyed your visit to the Craiglands Hotel. We hope to look forward in welcoming you back again soon.
Best Wishes Guest Relations Manager

Reviewed 26 March 2018

Nice hotel full of character. Excellent helpful friendly staff , clean comfortable room,easy walking distance from the town centre , can't comment on the food as we ate out, but would use again , recommended.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple