We stayed here for two nights. Let's be clear, this is not a hotel. It is a housing community that rents homes while the owners are away. It is a private community with security 24 hours and very exclusive. Most units are two bedroom units with the ability to lock out one of the bedrooms. Each home is individually decorated by the owner as they please. You may get lucky and get one from an owner with great taste or you may be stuck with something that is absolutely horrible. When we checked in we were assigned one of the units and after getting settled in we had problems with the lock on the main door. We called reception and they offered us another unit since they could not fix the lock as it was already late. We went to the other unit and the decoration was interesting to say the least. Definitely not our taste. On top of it, it smelled bad. We asked to get another unit and they were accommodating and showed us another unit. This new unit was not as good as the first we got, but acceptable and we stayed here. There is a pool area and a restaurant. We have breakfast there one day and the food was OK. Another reviewer mentioned the check out process being a hassle. I was asked wait for someone to check the room. Since I know what we do when we stay in places, it was not necessary for me to stay. I left them my phone number and asked them to call me if they had any issues. No call ever came.
When we go back to SJDS, we will definitely consider staying here again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Palermo Hotel and Resort is located in San Juan del Sur, a city that bridges Costa Rica and Nicaragua on the Pacific Ocean. The hotel features 50 villas, poolside spa, flexible in-room work spaces, full-kitchens and room service, wireless broadband connectivity throughout the property, as well as both large and small, air-conditioned conference and meeting spaces. Villas are for rent by the day, week or month, as well as for sale as vacation homes. Terraza de Palermo Restaurant and Bar offer a dramatic dining experience overlooking the tropical pool and sunsets into the Pacific Ocean. Locally sourced, vegetarian, vegan, healthy and Nicaraguan meal service available. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hotel & Resort Palermo reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Villas De Palermo Hotel And Resort
- Villas De Palermo Hotel San Juan Del Sur
- Hotel & Resort Palermo Nicaragua/San Juan Del Sur