Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Priceline$42
Vio.com$38
Agoda.com$38
eDreams$37
Tripadvisor$37
StayForLong
All reviews air con communal kitchen private room with bathroom hot water fridge wifi sjds cons couch pros
Selected filters
Reviewed 18 June 2019

I heard about this hotel from a friend a Costa Rica. The hotel was not new but was very comfortable and had everything a traveler would need. What made it especially over the top was the staff. There was nothing you could ask that they would not try and accomodate. AWESOME STAFF. A hop and a skip and you are at the beach. What more could anyone ask for.

Room tip: Rooms toward the back of the hotel seem quieter.
Date of stay: May 2019
Reviewed 20 March 2019

Small, modest room within two blocks of beach and center of town. Friendly reception area. Early check in possible and breakfast available for purchase although we didn't get it. Free wifi but no real common area or space in the room to hang out.

Room tip: Fans and AC available. Most rooms are windowless.
Date of stay: February 2019
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 10 February 2019

I was not looking for luxury but did hope for clean and comfortable and Rositas met my needs perfectly. I spent three weeks there in January and could not have been more pleased. It is centrally located and less than a minute's walk to the beach. I did not use the A/C very often but it was appreciated on a couple of particularly warm afternoons. The warm water in the shower was very much appreciated every single day. There is a well equipped community kitchen off the patio that I used to keep from having to eat out every single meal but there are also lots of excellent restaurants within very short walking distance. But the best thing about Rositas is the wonderful staff. They took care of my every need in a prompt and friendly manner. If you are looking for a humble yet clean and comfortable place to stay in SJDS, I highly recommend Rositas and if you do stay there please tell Julio, Freddy, Nasare, Dimaris and Adonis "Hola" for me. I can't wait to go back and when I do, I will most definitely stay at Rosita's

Date of stay: January 2019
1  Thank 855kariz
Reviewed 29 June 2018

I stayed cne month from mid April to mid May, 2018. I chose Rosita's for it's proximity to the beach (1/2 block), price (very reasonable) and 24 hour security. The staff was wonderful and the onsite restaurant is a plus. The hotel is very clean and there is daily maid service.

Thank you Rosita and staff for a lovely stay.

Stephanie Stern

Date of stay: April 2018
Reviewed 11 June 2018

Words cannot express how idyllic it is to visit San Juan del Sur in general and the Rositas Hotel specifically. Imagine getting in a time machine and going back to surf culture in Oceanside California in 1964! Super clean, super nice staff. You will see a few tiny lizards (they eat insects) in the courtyard, which is part a tropical experience.

Room tip: Nicer rooms around the courtyard
Date of stay: June 2018