All reviews in town main restaurant infinity pool reception area san juan breathtaking views destination wedding living room lounge chairs breakfast was included central america amazing place casa hill phase villa sunset
Reviewed 6 June 2017 via mobile

Once upon a time this place may have been great. Now, not horrible but far from a luxury get away. Luxury is in the details. Tiles missing and falling off the pool, shower fixtures dangling, holes and dirt overlooked, and above all BEYOND noisy. I was placed in Jazmin. If you stay refuse Jazmin. It's the first cabin that sits right by the first pool. Sounds nice! It's not, music going at all times until 10pm. That's ok I get it but you also get all the construction sounds from below and besides you. From about 530 AM . In order to get to the Spa you are shuttled there. The ladies at the spa were marvelous as was the help at the resturant. The place feels neglected and needs a facelift. I was expecting a peaceful getaway here but really it wasn't that relaxing at all. The views may be better higher up in phase two my view was mediocre mostly of someone's backyard with the bay in the distance. Overall I'd recommend just getting a day pass to come and swim and use the spa. There are other places near here that are nicer and priced accordingly. I'm really bummed I didn't expierence the nice quiet spa expierence I had hoped for.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled with friends
2  Thank scarabrose81
Reviewed 17 May 2017 via mobile

Great views, a wonderful casa and welcoming hosts. We had a great time. Monkeys playing outside of our window. Sunsets that memories of made of. A choice of infinity pools. Good restaurant. And an extremely helpful staff. Much to explore in the San Juan Casa Del Sur area but we often found ourselves just wanting to sit by the pool and enjoy the stunning views. Lots of walking because each casa is perched high (ensuring the view). But we liked that, too.

Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 May 2017 via mobile

Nice and clean good service good food and good value great views need car to get down to the beach my kids liked the pool my wife liked the size of the villas I enjoyed the food and service this is a safe bet for families

Stayed: August 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 2 May 2017

We stayed two nights at Pelican Eyes and were glad to be given a free upgrade to a huge casita. The only downside is the number of steps to get to/from your room, so those with mobility issues would have difficulty with our particular casita. We counted 200 steps to get from the entrance to the resort (at the base of SJDS) to our room. Be careful with the bill as we booked for 2 people on accident, and they were adamant that we needed to be charged $20/night extra for the third person, even though the room was plenty big. The view to the ocean is breathtaking and the service was outstanding. Highly recommend to those who don't mind a few steps in order to experience an amazing view from both the restaurant/pool area and your room.

Room Tip: Jocote is an amazing casita with a clear view of the ocean and a large patio
  • Stayed: March 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 24 April 2017 via mobile

Absolutely the best spot in Nicaragua to visit. Special thanks to Miguel and Ramfis for exceptional and friendly service. Very kind and made the vacation experience extra special. You are treated very well. The food is amazing and scenery exceptional. I had a great time and would come again and again. Many thanks to a memorable experience.

Stayed: April 2017, travelled solo