All reviewsin townmain restaurantinfinity poolreception areasan juanbreathtaking viewsdestination weddingliving roomlounge chairsbreakfast was includedcentral americaamazing placecasahillphasevillasunset
Reviewed 6 December 2013

When imagining what kind of experience I would have during my stay in Nicaragua, I never could in my wildest dreams foresee the exquisite oasis of Pelican Eyes. The stunning built-of-local-materials homes look like something out of a 5-star travel magazine listing the top places to go before you die. The views of the Pacific ocean and the beautiful, colorful town of San Juan are an incredible sight to see. The staff are all kind and courteous,. I met one fellow who took an hour bus ride, a 45 minute taxi ride and 30 min trip (not kidding) by donkey cart, just to come work at Pelican eyes; as the insurance, education and child-care offered to the staff make it one of the best jobs around. The food, amenities and all-around atmosphere there are top-notch; organic options and gourmet food, beautiful infinity pools, resort-wide wifi, transportation no corners are cut here. A short walk into town makes Pelican Eyes and ideal spot to explore the Nicaraguan country side, take surfing lessons or go enjoy a rum on the beach. The beautiful home we stayed in featured a beautiful arched-brink ceiling in the bedroom with indirect lighting, a huge stone floor shower and a full kitchen all decked out in luxury. I would recommend this as a place to go to relax, have fun and treat yourself to a vacation built for a king (or queen). Cheers!

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank Beyondthegreysky
Pelican Eyes R, General Manager at Pelican Eyes Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 21 February 2014

Dear,

Thank you for having taken the time to write this flattering review. I am very happy read that you had such a delightful time at Pelican Eyes. At all times you are welcome to come back to our exquisite oasis, we will be more than happy to serving you again.

Reviewed 23 November 2013

This hotel is amazing, I loved the food, service, swimming pool and overall the view it offers. Really worth. The sunset from here is beautiful. Also price for food and drinks are very good for what the place offers. Would definitely recommend it.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank GissAroundtheWorld

Dear,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our resort. I am happy to hear that you loved the food, service and our accommodations. I appreciate you writing this comment. Looking forward to serving you again in the future.

Reviewed 19 November 2013

We celebrate our wedding at the Pelican Eyes Resort, and we have no regrets about our decision. We really appreciate all the team work that they did for us, all the support, advices that they gave us.
It's a paradise!
Everyone was fascinated with the location, the logistic, the food, the attention, specially when it's a big event for 300 people... It was a really nice and beautiful wedding thanks to the great team that they have!
Special thanks to Joel, Javier, Manuel, Enrique, Martin, Elizabeth! :)

• Stayed: November 2013
1  Thank MaryJaneGG

Dear,

Thank you for having taken the time to write this review. I am very content to hear that you had such a wonderful time at Pelican Eyes celebrating your wedding. Thank you so much for your praising comments, the ones regarding our team members are particularly appreciated. We look forward to serving you again in the future.

Reviewed 5 November 2013

A huge bang for your buck. The locals are nice. Your rooms are huge for the price. I was able to make friends of Pelican Eyes and they showed me around San Juan del Sur. The views from your room and the restaurant is where its at. I know you heard all the stories about the NIC but don't let that stop you. I did have to pay my way out of ticket but it wasn't to bad based on the currency rate. Have fun and enjoy being a stranger. I did. Can't wait to get back.

Room Tip: All rooms has a remarkable view.
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank aa81j

Dear,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I am very pleased hearing that you had such a pleasant stay at our resort. I appreciate thoughtful comments like this one. We also cannot wait to have you back and to offer you the service you have gotten to appreciate so much.

Reviewed 4 November 2013

One of the prettiest hotels saw in Nicaragua. Beautiful infinity pool and wonderful views. Nice condo style rooms with space to entertain up on the hill past the infinity pool. We were traveling with some other so the front "porch" with the fantastic view was great to visit at after a day of traveling. You do have to go up a number of steeps stairs to get there though, it is not great for alll travelers due to that not.

Room Tip: If you do not mind climbing stairs th upper units were great. My trip was before 12/12 but it did not have that as an option
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank makemelaugh

Dear,

Thank you for writing this review of our resort. I am happy to hear that you loved the food, service and our accommodations. I appreciate you writing this comment. Looking forward to serving you again in the future.