US$ 177
Casa Andalucia Boutique B&B(San Juan del Sur)(Great Value!)
US$ 77
  • Breakfast included
Black Monkey(San Juan del Sur)(Great Value!)
US$ 66
US$ 64
Blue Angel Hostel(San Juan del Sur)
US$ 29
Hotel Colonial(San Juan del Sur)
US$ 38
  • Breakfast included
Arte-Sano Hotel Cafe(San Juan del Sur)(Great Value!)
US$ 50
US$ 40
US$ 84
Buena Vista Surf Club(Playa Maderas)(Great Value!)
US$ 70
  • Breakfast included
Barrio Cafe Hotel(San Juan del Sur)(Great Value!)
US$ 44
Orbitz.com
  • Restaurant
All reviewsin townmain restaurantinfinity poolsan juanreception areabreathtaking viewsfull kitchendestination weddingliving roomlounge chairswatch the sunsetbreakfast was includedfelt very safecentral americaamazing placecasahill
Reviewed 5 November 2013

A huge bang for your buck. The locals are nice. Your rooms are huge for the price. I was able to make friends of Pelican Eyes and they showed me around San Juan del Sur. The views from your room and the restaurant is where its at. I know you heard all the stories about the NIC but don't let that stop you. I did have to pay my way out of ticket but it wasn't to bad based on the currency rate. Have fun and enjoy being a stranger. I did. Can't wait to get back.

Room Tip: All rooms has a remarkable view.
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank aa81j
Pelican Eyes R, General Manager at Pelican Eyes Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 21 February 2014

Dear,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I am very pleased hearing that you had such a pleasant stay at our resort. I appreciate thoughtful comments like this one. We also cannot wait to have you back and to offer you the service you have gotten to appreciate so much.

Reviewed 4 November 2013

One of the prettiest hotels saw in Nicaragua. Beautiful infinity pool and wonderful views. Nice condo style rooms with space to entertain up on the hill past the infinity pool. We were traveling with some other so the front "porch" with the fantastic view was great to visit at after a day of traveling. You do have to go up a number of steeps stairs to get there though, it is not great for alll travelers due to that not.

Room Tip: If you do not mind climbing stairs th upper units were great. My trip was before 12/12 but it did not have that as an option
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank makemelaugh

Dear,

Thank you for writing this review of our resort. I am happy to hear that you loved the food, service and our accommodations. I appreciate you writing this comment. Looking forward to serving you again in the future.

Reviewed 1 November 2013

It is only our first of 5 nights here but so far our experience has been excellent. From the time we were greeted at the reception desk with refreshing drinks and cool mint scented face towels to the absolutely delicious fine dining-quality meal and rediculously professional bar service to the prompt and friendly service to fix our room safe, I honestly have nothing to complain about! We had read previous reviews and we're tentative but this far our service has exceeded our expectations by far. Highly recommend this resort to anyone who wants a beautiful ocean view and wonderful service! Ps Rigo the bartender/server is amazing!!!

• Stayed: October 2013
1  Thank Figalicious

Dear,

First of all I would like to thank you for writing this review already after your first night in our hotel! I can only add that I hope the remaining nights were as excellent as your first one. I am always happy to receive a review like yours. Looking forward to serving you again in the future.

Reviewed 21 October 2013

We just returned from a one night stay at this large property that is just up the hill from San Juan del Sur. Although it costs more than most other hotels in the area the room was wonderful and our view overlooked the town and the ocean from our large outdoor seating area. The pool was clean and refreshing and the included breakfast was more than enough and delicious. I think that one of the best things about this place was that it operates on a backup generator as the power in this town goes out all the time. Even with the power out, the air conditioning, internet, and lights fully functioned in our room.

Room Tip: there's a lot of steps to climb as the resort is built on a hill above the town so ask for a lower room or hike!
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank WanderingBedouin

Dear,

Thank you for taking your time to write this review. I am always happy to hear that guests had a good experience at our resort. I appreciate your commentary and we look forward to serving you again in the future.

Reviewed 20 October 2013

We arrived as a family group and booked a large house ‘Ensueno’ and a smaller habitation as well. For a better view try the house name Madrono; breathtaking views but only one bathroom for the same price. The houses are unique and beautiful, it’s such a shame the termite infestation (see pictures) ruined our stay.

We called the front desk and when the man came he wandered around aimlessly but didn’t actually do anything except confirm the termites which were crawling all over the kitchen and bathrooms and needed no confirmation! We all had to move to another house (Madrono) at 11pm with small children which was inconvenient. We were assured the house would be cleaned up but when we returned the next morning, nothing had been done. We called again to explain the termites still being there and later still, they had a quick sweep before moving us back in but it was by no means clean and comfortable. I asked for repellent but was told they did not have any, what hotel that advertises as 5* in the jungle doesn’t have repellent!?

We tried to move on and order breakfast but it took about 90 minutes and was overpriced considering the poor quality, cold food and wrong items. Overall these things could be put up with but when the charge is $400 a night , one expects top notch service and we were left very disappointed. We moved to Villa Paraiso ( in Ometepe) at half the price and had a much better experience ( see separate review).

Other issues were the AC control being missing couldn't be tuned on and the water going off in the smaller habitation. The service at Pelican Eyes is far too slow, you do not feel cared for and considering the price, one if left feeling ripped off. On the up side, we complained and (eventually after 15 mins or so) they conceded and said they would refund half our price. We are waiting to see if this happens. Will keep you posted as to whether we receive the refund as are left with no faith in this hotel.
P.S.
Quick solution for the termites was turn of the lights!

Since writing this we have received one nights compensation but it doesn't make up for the unpleasant experience in the first place.

Room Tip: Ask to see them first! Ask about insect infestation!
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family