Lowest prices for your stay
$126
View deal
Reserve now, pay at stay
$152
Hotels.com
$152
Travelocity$152
Priceline$129
eDreams$126
All reviews alfredo provide ear plugs wonderful hotel definitely stay here again view of the ocean first floor hot water light sleeper late at night earplugs noise balcony sjds nicaragua
Selected filters
Reviewed 29 May 2022 via mobile

We were treated very kindly by hotel staff. They warned us of the possibility of noise from the bar down the road but it was negligible and they do provide ear plugs in the case you are a light sleeper. It didn't disturb us all. The view of the ocean in the morning was beautiful. The room was just as seen in the photos online. Comfortable bed and with the air conditioner I really did not hear any noises to keep me awake I highly recommend this place!

Date of stay: May 2022
Reviewed 6 May 2022

In all my many years of travelling this is the first time I have felt compelled to write a bad review. I’m still young and love a good night out and feel I’m pretty relaxed when it comes to noise however…

There is a nightclub directly opposite. We initially had a 2 night stay from Monday to Wednesday however the music was so loud it felt like the nightclub was in our room and went on till 4am. When we complained to the gentleman on the front desk he told us to buy earplugs. For a very expensive hotel in the area we didn’t expect this sort of response. We had no choice to leave at this point as were very tired and couldn’t face another night without sleep. The hotel have refused to admit any responsibility and refused any refund whatsoever. They said they warned us in a message which I didn’t see, at the very least this should be advertised on their website, avoid at all cost!!

Date of stay: May 2022
Reviewed 3 May 2022 via mobile

The great management staff were helpful and welcoming, the cleaning, breakfasts and pool were ALL top notch! This boutique hotel had a family feel and I’d definitely stay here again. The location is central to the beach and restaurants and all tourist activities… this is a great place to stay in SJDS!

Room tip: If you have aversion to noise and partying, do not visit at Easter. If you want to experience the best and biggest party… visit Easter week
Date of stay: April 2022
Reviewed 23 April 2022

I will start off by saying we had an amazing time in San Juan del Sur and look forward to visiting again. My family stayed for 5 nights at Hotel Alcazar during what we learned was the busiest and hottest time of the year for them - Semana Santa! Pricing and other services were on the higher end during this time.

Our room was located on the second floor facing the beach and busy (foot and vehicle) traffic. The room is equipped with A/C and hot water. We had our own balcony with two chairs. From there we enjoyed the sights, smells and sounds of the busy street below. There is a convenience store, restaurant and club located directly across the street. During Semana Santa the music started early and ended late at night. It was a little difficult to sleep the first couple of nights. We surprisingly became accustomed to the music as the days passed. The hotel provides disposable ear plugs but they are not much help. Keep in mind that we were there during the week that many families and young people visit SJDS to enjoy their break so it was a party every night. With that being said, I would not hesitate to stay here again but not in April. Alfredo is extremely professional and courteous! He helped us plan one of the best excursions ever at Parque de Aventura Las Nubes. It was an amazing zipline experience from start to finish! I highly recommend this adventure!! He also helped answer many of our questions and made great restaurant and local recommendations.

Our stay included a delicious freshly made Nica breakfast, fresh juice and coffee every morning. The ladies are very friendly and attentive. The night staff are at your service and we felt safe the entire time. I highly recommend Hotel Alcazar due to the location, beach access and surroundings. Thank you all for such a pleasant stay in SJDS Nicaragua!

Date of stay: April 2022
Reviewed 18 January 2022

Wifey and I stayed at Hotel Alcazar for 3 days at the beginning of December 2021. The room was clean and spacious. We loved the complimentary breakfast since it's always nice to have food on-site upon waking. Alfredo at the front desk and the staff made the stay very enjoyable since Alfredo spoke English well and wifey and I are not yet fluent in Spanish. Also, the coffee... Alcazar has the most amazing coffee.

Room tip: The room on the top floor gets noisy at night
Date of stay: December 2021