Lowest prices for your stay
$152
$126
View deal
Reserve now, pay at stay
Priceline
$129
Hotels.com$152
Travelocity$152
eDreams$126
All reviews alfredo provide ear plugs wonderful hotel definitely stay here again view of the ocean first floor hot water light sleeper late at night earplugs noise balcony sjds nicaragua
Selected filters
Reviewed 6 May 2022

In all my many years of travelling this is the first time I have felt compelled to write a bad review. I’m still young and love a good night out and feel I’m pretty relaxed when it comes to noise however…

There is a nightclub directly opposite. We initially had a 2 night stay from Monday to Wednesday however the music was so loud it felt like the nightclub was in our room and went on till 4am. When we complained to the gentleman on the front desk he told us to buy earplugs. For a very expensive hotel in the area we didn’t expect this sort of response. We had no choice to leave at this point as were very tired and couldn’t face another night without sleep. The hotel have refused to admit any responsibility and refused any refund whatsoever. They said they warned us in a message which I didn’t see, at the very least this should be advertised on their website, avoid at all cost!!

Date of stay: May 2022
Reviewed 3 May 2022 via mobile

The great management staff were helpful and welcoming, the cleaning, breakfasts and pool were ALL top notch! This boutique hotel had a family feel and I’d definitely stay here again. The location is central to the beach and restaurants and all tourist activities… this is a great place to stay in SJDS!

Room tip: If you have aversion to noise and partying, do not visit at Easter. If you want to experience the best and biggest party… visit Easter week
Date of stay: April 2022
Reviewed 23 April 2022

I will start off by saying we had an amazing time in San Juan del Sur and look forward to visiting again. My family stayed for 5 nights at Hotel Alcazar during what we learned was the busiest and hottest time of the year for them - Semana Santa! Pricing and other services were on the higher end during this time.

Our room was located on the second floor facing the beach and busy (foot and vehicle) traffic. The room is equipped with A/C and hot water. We had our own balcony with two chairs. From there we enjoyed the sights, smells and sounds of the busy street below. There is a convenience store, restaurant and club located directly across the street. During Semana Santa the music started early and ended late at night. It was a little difficult to sleep the first couple of nights. We surprisingly became accustomed to the music as the days passed. The hotel provides disposable ear plugs but they are not much help. Keep in mind that we were there during the week that many families and young people visit SJDS to enjoy their break so it was a party every night. With that being said, I would not hesitate to stay here again but not in April. Alfredo is extremely professional and courteous! He helped us plan one of the best excursions ever at Parque de Aventura Las Nubes. It was an amazing zipline experience from start to finish! I highly recommend this adventure!! He also helped answer many of our questions and made great restaurant and local recommendations.

Our stay included a delicious freshly made Nica breakfast, fresh juice and coffee every morning. The ladies are very friendly and attentive. The night staff are at your service and we felt safe the entire time. I highly recommend Hotel Alcazar due to the location, beach access and surroundings. Thank you all for such a pleasant stay in SJDS Nicaragua!

Date of stay: April 2022
Reviewed 18 January 2022

Wifey and I stayed at Hotel Alcazar for 3 days at the beginning of December 2021. The room was clean and spacious. We loved the complimentary breakfast since it's always nice to have food on-site upon waking. Alfredo at the front desk and the staff made the stay very enjoyable since Alfredo spoke English well and wifey and I are not yet fluent in Spanish. Also, the coffee... Alcazar has the most amazing coffee.

Room tip: The room on the top floor gets noisy at night
Date of stay: December 2021
1  Thank floodystyle
Reviewed 15 January 2022

So, this was a spur of the moment trip for New Years, my husband and I checked in on Friday the 31st. We didn't decide to go until that day and the only room available was the suite on the 4th floor. Once there we settled in and I wanted to shower, although there was a strong stream in the sink, the shower had droplets of water and it was impossible to shower. We called maintenance but to no avail. I had to shower with drips of water. Throughout the night all was well, we stayed in the room for the three days and two nights we had planned for. Only one day did we have a functional shower (mind you this was the suite and most expensive room in the hotel) the fan that came with the room didn't work unless we moved the wire around to the sweet spot, so it was obviously not working as it should. My husband (on the first night) I sat in one of the chairs that was outside, I brought it inside (from the balcony) b/c me and my husband were using the tv to play ps4. I sat down and the chair broke under me into two. I didn't get injured, but I also didn't land on a bed of pillows, it hurt. They didn't have room service (for food) but provided a number for delivery, and parking was tricky. We didn't feel too good about leaving our car parked out front as it was right in front of the restaurants and on the main walking street. All was good day 2, day 3 we were ready to check out and considering staying an extra night, but still had no water. We called maintenance again and finally got it going ( not sure why this wasn't possible for 2 days since the toilet and sink had no issues) as we are checking out we were told we were going to be charged for damages to the room (a really offensive way to say we're getting charged for the broken chair. They made it seem like we purposely wanted to break the chair. We could have very well left it and not said a thing but we're honest. Why?! They were charging us $150!!! For a used chair! It wasn't even new and worth MORE than one nights stay. I was appalled! I was ok paying $30 maybe $40 tops because the break was obviously something that had been repaired previously. ( I saw the screws and glue) they proceeded to tell us the chair was worth $400 when bought and was delivered in good condition when we checked in. (The guy charging us didn't even check us in, or fix the water, we saw him for the first time on checkout. I'm sorry but I was not paying $150 for a chair with 4 sticks and old fabric. Even if it was new (which it wasn't) no one is paying a chair they bought for $400 in 1972. Do they not know about depreciation??? Anyways long story short they messed up with us, we will not be returning to this hotel. And to think, he started with"I'm not saying you're lying" but the chair was ok. Like, ur totally saying we're lying. So for the lack of water he gave us a $100 and we ended up paying$50 for the chair. Still too much if u ask me. And this was after 25 minutes of us being shocked and not ok with paying$150 for a chair. It was only when i said I'd leave a Review that he then changed his tune. Well, I'm still leaving a review b/c our intimate New Years was soured by this experience. Never going again.

Date of stay: December 2021