“Beware”

Cuisines: Central American
Description: Located on the water in central San Juan Del Sur, Nicaragua
Description: Located on the water in central San Juan Del Sur, Nicaragua
Reviewed 12 February 2018 via mobile

My wife and I stopped here for a beer and a snack. We let the waiter know we wanted some seafood but it was a very hot day so preferred something light. We made a mistake and ordered a seafood platter for a group and an order of nachos. It was our 1st day so we didn’t have the currency clearly figured out, but in a couple of moments we realized what we ordered was quite expensive. I talked to the waiter and he said too late the order was almost prepared. We should have paid for our beer and left, but we decided to honour our mistake. About 15 minutes later they brought this platter of food and an order of nachos that would feed 6-8 people, we were so shocked we were laughing in disbelief. To top it off the food was overcooked, greasy, and bland. The worst food and experience we had by far in SJDS.
We left disgusted after paying over $100 US and wasted 3/4 of the food we recieved.

Date of visit: February 2018

Reviewed 24 December 2017

Great place to hang out for sunset and happy hour. Excelent view over the beach.Lots of birds to watch. Very attending and friendly staff. Good food. Nice music. Loving it

Date of visit: November 2017
Reviewed 14 December 2017

This is the restaurant that is owned by the hotel we stayed at ..
a little pricy being on the Main Street on the bay but , the had food choices for everyone , vegan , nica , salads ,hamburgers , pollo all plancha was great ,nice at sunset over looking the bay !Staff was very friendly !

Date of visit: December 2017
Reviewed 16 October 2017 via mobile

This was the first place we visited when we arrived in SJDS. Service was fast and pushy. We did not like the fact that they are a bit agressive to get u in their place. It felt like a tourist trap. The place has the perfect location but lacks soul, vibe, good atmosphere...

Date of visit: October 2017
Reviewed 3 October 2017

I used to really enjoy this restaurant and make a point to eat there at least once every time we vacationed in SJDS, well never again after breakfast on Monday. They have a new waiter (I think his name is Francisco) and he is very annoying. After asking us where we were from he went on to tell us how much he loves Americans and how Americans bring lots of money to San Juan del Sur so Americans are good. Very strange and one sided conversation. Of course he didn't spend nearly as much time paying attention to our order and when my plate arrived I had to send it back, which is maybe the 4th time in my life I have done that. I had asked for my eggs fried very hard, I don't even want the yolks runny, I know this is an unusual request so I was very specific in describing it. Of course when they arrived at the table they were sunny side up and even the whites were runny on top. The menu said we were all supposed to get coffee and orange juice with our meals, he brought one person coffee and two people orange juice with out asking if we had a preference or if we wanted both. Then we ask for the bill. He brings us out a small sheet of paper with 2 numbers written on it, one is the price in cordobas and the other is the price in dollars, no list of what we were being charged for or how much the individual items were. The price in cordobas was 488 and the price in dollars was $18. So nice of him to convert it for us right, since I guess he thought we would be paying in dollars. Well right away we knew the dollar price was wrong, it should have been $16.07, not $18. We called him over and asked him and he still tried to say the $18 was right until I pulled out my phone and did the calculation in front of him, then he disappeared and came back a bit later and tried to say it was "the other person" who had done the conversion. At this point we probably should have asked for a menu to make sure we were being charged the correct prices for the meal but we just wanted to get the heck out of there. I don't know what happened to the waiter that used to work there but he was wonderful, hopefully we will see him at another restaurant along the beach in the future.

Date of visit: October 2017