All reviews half price themed party bed dorm location is great super fun central america funday sunday chill netflix sjds sheets fans legend
Reviewed 6 July 2017

I had a great 2 nights stay at Pachamama. I was wandering around in the city when I randomly walked by and walked in to check it out. I spoke with a very nice volunteer who told everything I needed to know about the hostel (prices, dorms, 50% discount on Sunday Funday etc.) and she invited me to beer pong-night the same evening. I went by in the evening to check it out and there was loud party going on. I was told that they shut the party down at 23pm or midnight so they guest can sleep, but the party was still going on at the given time!

I was sold at the half price to Sunday Funday and stayed to nights at Pachamama, But before I decided, a volunteer gladly showed me the rooms. I stayed Saturday and Sunday night and I guess I was lucky, because I've had some of the best sleep their during my 3 months travels. I guess people party hard Friday night, then they rest Saturday night to reload before Sunday Sunday! I stayed in the biggest dorm in the top of the building and everyone went to bed early (not coming home during the night). I thought it was going to be hot during the night because I was boiling at my previous hostel in San Juan del Sur, but the temperature was so nice sleeping it because the windows are "open". We didn't even have to turn the fans on. I was in the upper bed and enjoyed so much waking up well rested to a beautiful view - the beach on one side and the hill at the other side.

Breakfast is included, you make your own pancakes! WIFI didn't work at all during my 2 night stay.

I would say it's a very intime hostel. Common area is not that big, so you get to socialize with everyone which I think is nice.

In total I enjoyed my stay very much and met a bunch of nice people from my dorm!

Date of stay: May 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 28 June 2017

So glad I made the decision to stay here. Stayed at the smaller Pachamama which is about 30 seconds down the road from the main hostel but the two hostels are very much a community and people at both get to know each other. Rooms were good, very clean, staff very helpful. Internet was a little spotty at times as was the power but this is to be expected in any town like SJDS. Location is amazing, right in the middle of everything. Great party atmosphere if you're into that, and of course this is an amazing place to stay for Sunday Funday!

• Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 11 June 2017 via mobile

A group of 10 of us stayed here recently for Sunday Funday. It was definitely an awesome spot to base yourself for Sunday Funday and the free breakfast is great. However one of the guys who either works at the hostel or is friends with someone there and is always around is a theif. We witnessed him steal someone's phone on a party trip to their sister hostel in Managua and I woke up to him rummaging through everyone's bags while I was asleep and no one else was in the room. He jumped onto my bed and told me no one was around. I managed to scare him off but It was terrifying! I went down to report it and no staff were there and there was so security on the door. Considering our room had no door this was concerning. The next day I pointed him out and reported him to two different staff members and they just didn't care.. maybe they are in on it? I'm not sure. He was always at the hostel playing pool and hanging around. He had shoulder length hair and usually is wearing a hat and looks like he could be local or definitely from Central America at least. Watch out for him.

It's hard to write this as we had such a good time and the hostel is awesome but theft and letting dodgy people hang around is just not ok.

Trip type: Travelled with friends
6  Thank Zoe W
Reviewed 7 June 2017 via mobile

We stayed in Pachamama 2 (which is a separate hostel down the road from Pachamama) on Saturday, Sunday (Funday) and Monday and it was the best decision we ever made.

The big draw for us was that you get your Sunday Funday tickets for $15 each which is a massive savings. However the hostel itself is amazing. It is really reasonably priced and the rooms are great - each bed has its own fan so you can survive the heat - or you can pay a bit more for AC. It is a pretty small hostel and so it is quiet most of the time, with plenty of chill out areas, and a pool that (given the small size of the hostel) you can often have to yourself. The staff are great.

Literally 30 seconds down the road is the main Pachamama which also looks amazing and we went there quite a bit. They give the free breakfasts there and there is a bar with reasonable drink prices for the town. There are also heaps of couches with a big screen for Netflix, which was perfect for the recovery day after Sunday Funday. If it all gets too busy or party-party there you can just head back down the road to Pachamama 2.

If you are going to do Sunday Funday (or actually if you just like relaxed affordable hostels), this place is for you.

Date of stay: June 2017
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 April 2017 via mobile

The hostel has an awesome and fun staff with an absolute party environment at night. It's quiet during the day but that's kinda necessary. The place is safe and i never worried about my personal belongings up in the jungle. There aren't any bedbugs as a review earlier has stated as maintenance staff keep the place very clean. Beds, bathrooms and showers were cleansed daily. Take a surf lesson or one of the many daily activities which are offered. Sunday funday is a must and holy week was a great time. Eat, drink ,surf and chill. I'll be back nica.

Date of stay: April 2017