The Irish House is located about four blocks from the beach. It sits on a corner of two very busy streets and just where the touristy part of town starts.
I chose this B&B because of the positive reviews I have read on this site. Unfortunately, I have to say it was a disappointment for me. I expected more as this is a B&B and not a hostel and because of the higher price.
The rooms are just OK. They are quite cold, “sanitary” and lifeless. My room was big enough for one person. It was clean and it had a fan and a private bathroom. The bed was good as well but the linen was just awful. It was very old. In no time at all, the lint from the linen was all over my clothes and bags. It was just everywhere. The towels were old as well and smell like old wet rag after one use.
The building is located on a corner of two busy streets with loud traffic and drunken people congregating until very late hours. Early in the morning the traffic started again. It was hard to get any sleep.
Security in this place was very poor. After I checked in and settled in my room, I went to buy some groceries. Walking out of the building, I found the bar on the main floor locked and side door into the building open. There was nobody around and I assumed I was the only guest as it is a small place and I have not seen or heard anybody else. There was no way for me to lock the door so I tried to find somebody…. There was nobody around. When I came back there was still nobody around and the side door just like I left it, closed but not locked. Anybody can just walk into the building into the hallway and kick-in the flimsy doors into the rooms with very little problem. It is interesting that the bar was carefully locked up from both sides…. After one night of no or very little sleep I checked out. I found much better value elsewhere.
There was a good internet and the staff wasn’t bad. I ended up staying in San Juan for four day in a different hostel. Anytime I walked by Irish House, the bar was empty and the building looked deserted.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Irish House Hotel is located in the heart of San Juan del Sur in a very central area of town with many shops, bars and restorant close. in a friendly atmosphere with an Irish bar, Irish House Hotel has a perfect terrace overlooking the sea where you could enjoy the sunset with a barbecue, beer and of course the best of Nicaragua FLOWER CANE RUM. The hotel is Built 3 years ago and is in perfect condition both outside and inside. book your holiday with us and will have an excellent service from us which will help make your stay the best.Irish house hotel has private apartments for 2, 3, 4 and 5 persons all with TVCable, wi fi in the apartment, bathroom, kitchen and fridge, safe and private balcony with nice view. (towels and bed linen provided and changed every 2 days)located in the town center just two blocks from the beach and close to bars and restorant. recidencial area and secure 24 hours.Facilities Bar Car Parking Lounge area Internet / Wi-Fi 24 hour reception Safety deposit Tours/Travel Desk Express check-in / out Late check-out Laundry service Reception (limited hours) Room service (24 hour) Room service (limited hours) Wake-up calls Bar(s) BBQ area Café Internet access in public areas Internet café Newspapers Outside area Pets allowed Television room Sofa ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with HostelWorld so you can book your Irish House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Irish House Hotel San Juan Del Sur
- Irish House Nicaragua/San Juan Del Sur