See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 2 October 2015

Reserved our room on booking.com. When we showed up, they had no record of our reservation. Not only that, they tried charging us nearly double the price we reserved it under! After spending two hours on the phone with booking.com, they negotiated the price down that was still higher than the original price and the people at booking said they would pay the difference. Great, we go to lunch and come back an hour later to see if it is resolved and we still have to wait thirty minutes more. They then ask us for the same high price and I have to call booking again. Completely took up our day.

At night, we get to our room and we are right above a noisy ktv bar that is on the second floor that is open until 2am. We call to request a new room and instead they say they will tell the ktv to turn the volume down. Unacceptable! We go downstairs to the front desk because it is still to noisy and it takes a half hour because there is only one person at the front desk and they served rude people who shoved their way up in line even though we were there first. We were eventually moved into a new room and the bath mat had mildew on it and the sink was cracked.

Called the manager to air my grieviences, asked if they spoke English and they hung up on me before I could pass the phone to my bilingual girlfriend so we had to go downstairs. We shared the problems and they were apologetic and offered a bunch of excuses about how the sales staff is new and messed up the online price and how what they tried to charge us was the real price and the "discounted" price that was higher than the price we booked it under was a huge service to us. They did nothing else to mane it right like honor the original price or compensate us for wasting 4 hours of our time dealing with the original debacle.

The breakfast was unappetizing and I left after I saw the chef stir noodles with his bare hands. Wick barely works.

Tl;Dr: xishuangbanna is awesome. Booking.com is awesome for helping us out. This hotel is analogous to China: great exterior appearance but past the lobby is terrible service, a disingenuous staff and pricing, and mediocre rooms.

Date of stay: October 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 April 2015 via mobile

Although the hotel looks nice and the staff is very friendly, we had to find another hotel after checking into out rooms. The linens are permeated with so much smoke we were unable to even put out heads on the pillows.
Checked out and found another hotel.

Date of stay: August 2014
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank kmw2011
Reviewed 19 May 2014

Stayed there with friends, found not different as other ordinary Chinese hotels except the staff are wearing local outfits. Nothing special to mention but location is quite downtown and all are easily accessible.

Date of stay: August 2013
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 6 April 2014

From the moment one walks into the lobby, this hotel feels very welcoming. The lobby is beautifully decorated, lighting and background music is soothing, and the staff are alert and welcoming. There are comfortable sofas to sit on and relax.

The location is excellent, in central Jinghong, close to the night market, and cafe strip. Exchange money in the hotel or it's a short walk to the Bank of China. It took just 20 minutes to get to the airport by taxi in the early morning. The staff understand some English which helped me as my Chinese is non-existent and I have had trouble in other hotels communicating.

The room was tastefully decorated, spacious and comfortable with nice thick carpet on the floor. Light switches were slightly difficult to figure out. The bathroom was spotless, had a nice shower + bathtub, and hot water was reliable. There is internet via ethernet cable in the room and wifi downstairs in the lobby.

The breakfast has a wide range of Chinese favorites, and some fresh fruits, yoghurt and juice. I did not eat in the restaurant for lunch or dinner. There are a large number of options for eating around the city, and for foreign food and real coffee, the Mekhong and Meimei Cafes are a short walk around the corner.

After staying in other places, this is the hotel in Jinghong I will be coming back to in future!

Date of stay: April 2014
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank tonylR3662JK
Reviewed 15 June 2012

An example of hotel with 5 start lobby, but 3 star rooms and service.
The swimming pool available for outside guests at 20y a person, but didn't look too well maintained.

Date of stay: June 2012