“Great Service & Unique Sandwiches”

Isaac's Restaurants
Ranked #10 of 48 Restaurants in Hummelstown
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 21 November 2016

Isaac’s Famous Pepperjack Tomato Soup is delicious. The combo options are nice and one of their soups can be paired with a list of 1/2 sandwiches. Our server was very nice and attentive. Always a treat to eat at Isaac's!

1  Thank Cynthia G
Johnny R, Marketing Coordinator at Isaac's Restaurants, responded to this reviewResponded 28 November 2016

Thank you, Cynthia!

Reviewed 11 November 2016 via mobile

Thank you to Isaac's for the free sandwich you offer to all our active and retired military....we had the Scarlet Ibis and Twisted Chicken Pretzel. Done perfectly and they were busy.

Johnny R, Marketing Coordinator at Isaac's Restaurants, responded to this reviewResponded 13 November 2016

Thank you Marlene!
It was our privilege to have an offer like this for those who have helped and continue helping our country. Glad you were able to enjoy it!

Reviewed 1 November 2016

I eat here 2 or 3 times a month. Last visit last Friday night. Two of us for dinner. Ordered the special seasonal butternut squash soup. A bit pricey but truly delicious and complex - hearty with a small spicy undertone. I had Portobello Mushroom Salad and my companion had Roasted Pepper and Avocado Salad. These are full-meal salads that come with a warm pretzel roll and a generous cup of dressing on the side. I asked for a substitution on my dressing and server handled that correctly. Fresh greens with a selection of other ingredients on top. Enjoyable and enough to fill you up. Would have liked butter for the roll, but it was edible without.
The sandwiches at Isaac's are named after birds if they have meat in them, and after plants if they are vegetarian. They have quite a few veggie options, also gluten free ones. Sandwiches come with chips but you can substitute baby carrots/dip or applesauce for no extra charge. Or sub in a side salad for a slight up-charge.
They usually have at least 3 soups - they always offer the signature Pepperjack Tomato, which I love.
Desserts are good, with some nice seasonal variations - a pumpkin cheesecake thing right now. Not on menu but available if you ask - warm fudge brownie with a scoop of vanilla ice cream - reasonably priced, too.
Service last week was quick and attentive. Sometimes can be slow when they are busy. Good place for kids. Accessible (including the restrooms) for those who can't do stairs. Takeout is available, too. Booths can be a good place for a quiet talk over a meal.

Reviewed 18 October 2016 via mobile

I went here yesterday with my two children. I am from Hershey and have been to this restaurant many times before. The last time I was here, I had a terrible meal and service and vowed never to return, however, in a moment of weakness I decided to give them another try. Although my meal was tasty, my kids had meals with cold and frozen rainbow bread. The portion sizes were very small. The kids meals had a choice on the menu to have an ice cream sundae for desert and we were told they were out of ice cream! They table next to us was filled with dirty dishes for nearly my entire meal. The prices were out of line for he quality of food. I am still upset today that I paid for a lunch that I would not have even served to my own children at home.

Johnny R, Marketing Coordinator at Isaac's Restaurants, responded to this reviewResponded 19 October 2016

Hi, CCinPA!
So sorry for the bad visit you had with your family at our Hershey location (and for the previous one where you vowed never to return). This is not the kind of customer experience we want our guests to have. Please contact our Debra Miller, Isaac's Customer Happiness Coordinator, so we can make things right for you. She can be reached at dmiller@isaacsdeli.com so please let her know about your experience and give us the chance to make this up to you.

Again...my apologies for your experience. Hopefully you'll give us another chance!

Reviewed 23 August 2016

His is a fun spot as food is very good and tastes fresh! Portions are nice size and good value for the price! The pickles are very god and so are their soups!!!

Johnny R, Marketing Coordinator at Isaac's Restaurants, responded to this reviewResponded 24 August 2016

Hi, Earl!
Thanks for taking the time to post a review about us. Glad you enjoy our pickles and soup...we're pretty fond of them ourselves! :-)