“Too much noise”

TownePlace Suites Philadelphia Horsham
Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in Horsham
Reviewed 28 April 2011

I did not have a good stay at the TownePlace suites. The hotel has little sound proofing. You can hear people talking in the hallway, and worst of all I could hear people talking next door to me, because the doors are so thin, you can hear everything! I called the front desk, and they said they would get on it "right away." (Did not happen). I was kept up until 2:30am until my neighbors finally decided to go asleep. They weren't being too loud either, they were just talking, laughing, and watching TV, you can just hear everything in this cheap motel.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled on business
2  Thank droshek
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 27 March 2011

Room was clean, bed was very comfortable. New TV. Kitchen very small but had an oven which was a nice surpise. Front desk staff was very friendly and helpful. I was very comfortable and at ease. Nice area..alot very close by including a great Brazilian Steakhouse. Katie in sales was great with follow ups to see to how I liked my room and if there was anything I needed.

I was sorry my stay was shorter than expected.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 11 October 2010

Like many have mentioned before, the hotel is nice and decent. Front desk staff is very nice. The rooms are OK. I've stayed in a couple of different types of rooms here, my latest being a one room suite without a dresser for clothing. The towel in the bathroom came with a few brown stains, most likely (hopefully) rust stains. The internet is slow. I use my 3G instead of Wi-Fi. In many of the rooms I stayed in, the fan/ac was not working or not working up to par. It is showing signs of age, and while staff is nice, the housekeeping has to be brought up to Marriott standards.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 14 January 2010

Woke up on the second night of my stay covered in bites, that have all turned to welts now and itch horribly. I reported the incident and checked out immediately.

I have never been bitten by bed-bugs before and did not see them, but here is what I know.....
I found signs of them. (skins and stains). The bites are lined up in rows as is typical of bed-bugs. The bites are on my neck, back and arms.

I was comped for one of my nights, but that did not nearly compensate me for the inconvenience.

• Stayed: January 2010, travelled on business
3  Thank madalla
Reviewed 21 November 2009

I travel for business and pleasure often, and I've stayed in a lot of Marriott properties. You generally know what to expect, even with their budget brands. I was very surprised that this hotel didn't live up to the typical Marriott standards of cleanliness and comfort.

The staff here was helpful and kind, but the room and housekeeping left much to be desired. My room seemed like it may have once been in the process of renovation, but had stopped several years back. The furniture was like a budget dorm room, the bed was hard as a rock (and I like firm mattresses), the towels were soiled, the TV in the bedroom didn't work, the internet was painfully slow, and the coffee maker hadn't been cleaned out in years (it was moldy). Although daylight savings was several weeks prior to my visit, the clocks hadn't been changed. This is minor, but it is indicative of the lack of attention to detail. If you are used of basic comforts of a Hampton or Fairfield Inn, this property is more on par with a Days or Quality Inn. I would not recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: November 2009, travelled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Horsham
2.9 km away
Residence Inn Philadelphia Willow Grove
2.8 km away
Candlewood Suites Philadelphia / Willow Grove
2.8 km away
Days Inn Horsham Philadelphia
2.5 km away
Extended Stay America - Philadelphia - Horsham - Dresher Rd.
3.9 km away
SpringHill Suites Philadelphia Willow Grove
6.5 km away
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Warminster - Horsham

Been to TownePlace Suites Philadelphia Horsham? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK