“Fresh seafood”

Got a photo?
Add it.
Shelco Seafood Co
Reviewed 17 January 2017

Always fresh fish and seafood every week which is reasonably priced and service is excellent. I buy fish here at least twice a month.

Reviewed 12 November 2016 via mobile

I'd never really had fresh seafood in my life until I went to Shelco. The difference between a fresh swordfish & what I'd previously accepted as swordfish was mind blowing.

I've liked the fresh swordfish, cod, halibut & salmon. I didn't enjoy the sea bass but I think that was simply a personal preference. I also enjoy the crab cakes. As someone else mentioned, the crab legs are fantastic & they sometimes sell "broken" pieces which is a phenomenal bargain.

I've heard several people say they didn't think it was open to the public because the appearance is somewhat industrial but the staff is completely relaxed & helpful.

Reviewed 11 August 2016 via mobile

Very high quality fish and seafood. A little pricey but worth it. The snow crab legs are so much better than the ones bought at the grocery store.

Reviewed 26 July 2016 via mobile

Shelco is a gem in the wild just outside Hollidaysburg PA. Each week we enjoy the fresh catch featured there since Denny is always willing to advise on the way to prepare each item. We have purchased fresh haddock, halibut, wild caught salmon, scallops (thankfully dry scallops), and luscious frozen king crablegs

Reviewed 13 July 2016

This is the place in the greater Altoona area for purchasing your seafood. This is where the better restaurants in the area source their seafood. They have great selection of fresh items that are 'in season' thus very fresh. They can help you make a selection based on your need and how many your feeding. They also have full selection of spices / rubs to enhance your meal.