“Wonderful staff ensure you have a nice stay”

Rodeway Inn & Suites
Ranked #13 of 25 Hotels in Hershey
Acme, Pennsylvania
“Wonderful staff ensure you have a nice stay”
Reviewed 10 April 2012

This is not your typical hotel, it is family owned and they do go out of there way. The hotel is not new and does show some age but is clean, breakfast is good and the pool is very nice. I especially like that they have multiple rooms with 3 beds for larger groups so you dont need to get 2 rooms.

Room Tip: all the rooms are nice
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Clifton Park, New York, United States
Reviewed 29 January 2012

We got there early and they were able to get us in to our rooms earlier than scheduled. Rooms very clean, and a decent size. The continental breakfast was really good. The swimming pool was a fun place to relax..Staffing was great. Really close to all parks. Definitely will be going back again..

• Stayed May 2011, travelled with family
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 21 January 2012

Smelly and old room condition. Terrible staff service. Avoid at all cost.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank Lisa s

Travellers are raving about these Hershey hotels

Fairmont
Reviewed 17 January 2012

My husband and I booked a room for 1 night in December online thru Choice Hotels. It did not state on the website at all that you had to pay via credit card unless you wanted to give them a $100.00 cash deposit. We should up to check in and the lobby was dirty, we had to wait on someone to come downstairs to help us, and once he did arrive he was very rude. He told us how much we would owe and I said ok I would like to pay in cash. He said no debit or credit card only. I explained to him that I could not do that as I had all of my money with me expecting to pay in cash. I proceeded to tell him that I would only pay in cash and he said fine you will have to give me a $100.00 cash deposit. I have never in all of my travels heard of a hotel requiring a $100 deposit. I have heard of $50 deposits and credit cards for incidentals but not this. So, I told the rude guy that he could cancel my reservation and that we would be taking our business elsewhere and would never be recommending his hotel to anyone. After we had left and I had time to cool off, I called back and asked for a cancellation number to have proof incase he would try to charge my card and he said you don't need a number and was very rude. Needless to say I hung up on him. This was the worst experience and customer service I have ever experienced at a hotel and I have stayed at too many to count. Just ridiculous and uncalled for.

Room Tip: Don't choose one at all.
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Miranda H
Wilmington, Delaware
Reviewed 16 January 2012

I stayed here for a night when attending a concert in Hershey. Based on the price, I wasn't expecting anything fantastic. The rooms were equivalent to the price. They were pretty clean, there was a flat screen tv, fridge & microwave. It was a little dark/musty, but not as bad as others made it out to be. The beds were not overly comfortable, but I wasn't expecting them to be...The location was great -- a close drive to the GIANT center, where the concert was held.
My main issue was with the extremely loud pipes that were banging all morning long. They woke me up numerous times. When I say loud, I mean extremely loud -- sounded like construction right in my room. For this reason, I'd opt to stay at a newer hotel and pay a little more money. If you're on a tight budget and don't mind loud pipes waking you up, the hotel is fine for a short stay.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple