“Avoid this plae at all cost”

Simplicity Inn Hershey
Ranked #18 of 25 Hotels in Hershey
Reviewed 21 January 2012

Smelly and old room condition. Terrible staff service. Avoid at all cost.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank Lisa s

Reviewed 17 January 2012

My husband and I booked a room for 1 night in December online thru Choice Hotels. It did not state on the website at all that you had to pay via credit card unless you wanted to give them a $100.00 cash deposit. We should up to check in and the lobby was dirty, we had to wait on someone to come downstairs to help us, and once he did arrive he was very rude. He told us how much we would owe and I said ok I would like to pay in cash. He said no debit or credit card only. I explained to him that I could not do that as I had all of my money with me expecting to pay in cash. I proceeded to tell him that I would only pay in cash and he said fine you will have to give me a $100.00 cash deposit. I have never in all of my travels heard of a hotel requiring a $100 deposit. I have heard of $50 deposits and credit cards for incidentals but not this. So, I told the rude guy that he could cancel my reservation and that we would be taking our business elsewhere and would never be recommending his hotel to anyone. After we had left and I had time to cool off, I called back and asked for a cancellation number to have proof incase he would try to charge my card and he said you don't need a number and was very rude. Needless to say I hung up on him. This was the worst experience and customer service I have ever experienced at a hotel and I have stayed at too many to count. Just ridiculous and uncalled for.

Room Tip: Don't choose one at all.
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Miranda H
Reviewed 16 January 2012

I stayed here for a night when attending a concert in Hershey. Based on the price, I wasn't expecting anything fantastic. The rooms were equivalent to the price. They were pretty clean, there was a flat screen tv, fridge & microwave. It was a little dark/musty, but not as bad as others made it out to be. The beds were not overly comfortable, but I wasn't expecting them to be...The location was great -- a close drive to the GIANT center, where the concert was held.
My main issue was with the extremely loud pipes that were banging all morning long. They woke me up numerous times. When I say loud, I mean extremely loud -- sounded like construction right in my room. For this reason, I'd opt to stay at a newer hotel and pay a little more money. If you're on a tight budget and don't mind loud pipes waking you up, the hotel is fine for a short stay.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 January 2012

I would not stay at the hotel again! The cheaper price certainly reflects the quality of the place. The beds were very hard and I woke up feeling rather sore. We were woken up to banging pipes that sounded like a jack hammer which continued to go off at a greater frequency as people continued to wake up. When we stayed the hotel was full and it was impossible to find a parking spot in the small lot. Not a pleasant experience!!

• Stayed: January 2012
Reviewed 19 December 2011

I stayed there recently on a business trip. The hotel room was very clean and large. The staff was kind and very helpful. The location is close to all Hershey attractions. The hotel is situated on a roadway that has very little traffic, more of a residential area. The price is very reasonable for the area. You would not regret staying at this hotel.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled on business