“A lot of sizzle but little steak”
Review of The Circular

The Circular
Reserve with OpenTable
The Circular is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #11 of 92 Restaurants in Hershey
Price range: US$ 50 - US$ 50
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Romantic, Business meetings
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Hotel Road
Description: The atmosphere, menu, and service of The Circular provide a versatility of dining experiences from small plates and drinks at the bar with friends, to an intimate meal for two overlooking our magnificent gardens. Here, you’ll enjoy history with a twist of innovation. Try our signature cocktails, taste the new flavors of our menu, and enjoy the bustle of activity in our chocolate pastry gallery, where decadent desserts are created to order while you dine.
Reviewed 16 October 2018

Had a business dinner with 5 of us on a Monday night. It had been a long time since I was there but I remember it being more impressive years ago. I had the Black Sea Bass which was very small and very bland. Tasteless. My appetizer was the dusted sea scallops and while they were good, you could hardly see them on the plate. I don't know what it is about portion control there but they definitely over did it. The others in the group ordered steaks and were fairly pleased--until the one gentleman found a hair in his food. If I were you, I'd skip this place. I had a better meal at the Black and Bleu in Mechanicsburg last Saturday night and for a fraction of the cost.

Date of visit: October 2018
HersheyResorts, General Manager at The Circular, responded to this reviewResponded 23 October 2018

Dear PSUkids,
Thank you for sharing your experience with us. I hope that you can recognize that your recent experience does not reflect our traditionally high standards. I would welcome the opportunity to further discuss your experience. Please contact us at 717-534-8863. I look forward to restoring your confidence in our service capabilities.

Reviewed 10 October 2018

There was a ridiculous variety of delicious hot and cold food and the setting was beautiful. No reservations and casual attire.

Reviewed 7 October 2018

From the wine to our meals and desert, everything was wonderful. Having a table at the window overlooking the garden is always nice as well. Our server, John was efficient and gracious. Yes, the price is steep, but we've never been disappointed.

Date of visit: September 2018
1  Thank Phyllis K
Reviewed 2 October 2018 via mobile

We celebrated the 50th anniversary of one couple in our group here at their request. The place is lovely, there is no doubt about that, and the food is very good. However the prices are steep for the amount of food you receive (side dishes are not included with the entree and are $6 each). Yes, I would go back for a special occasion, but not right away. I would have given 5 stars but for the prices.

Date of visit: October 2018
HersheyResorts, General Manager at The Circular, responded to this reviewResponded 3 October 2018

Dear Lori H,
Thank you for your recent visit to The Circular. I'm glad you enjoyed your meal and appreciate your feedback. We hope to have the opportunity to serve you again.

Reviewed 2 October 2018

The Circular at the Hotel Hershey provided a truly wonderful evening with creative and delicious food combined with truly fantastic service. All servers had an extraordinary grasp of the menu and ingredients allowing you to completely appreciate the creativity that went into the preparation of all items. Most items are served a la carte with delicious side options to add to your main entree. We started our meal with a delightful chocolate martini exquisitely composed and not too sweet. For our meal, we enjoyed the special fish delicately prepared and served with the best roasted carrots ever, along with a melt in your mouth filet. Complementary bread was hard to stay away from with an assortment including fantastic little savory biscuits. We finished our meal with a perfectly prepared chocolate soufflé served with ice cream and crème anglaise. All this in a lovely room overlooking the gardens of the hotel, wonderful on all fronts.

Date of visit: September 2018

Dear Michelle P,
We are delighted you had such a wonderful dinner at The Circular. Our team works hard to make sure each guest has a memorable experience. We hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you again.

Been to The Circular? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK