“Hershey Locals Dive Bar”
Review of Parkside Hotel

Parkside Hotel
Ranked #30 of 92 Restaurants in Hershey
Cuisines: American
Dining options: After-hours
Description: The Parkside Hotel is a family owned and operated bar and grill that has been serving Hershey, Pennsylvania for over 30 years. Our location is your one stop for food, drinks, and fun. Bring the family after a day at Hershey Park or stop by after work for a cold draft beer. We are a non-smoking venue but we have outdoor seating available for those who may need to step outside. Our bar comfortably holds 20 patrons with 10 additional tables to seat 30, plus additional seating in our outside deck area. For your enjoyment, the Parkside Hotel features a Bose surround sound speaker system complete with a TouchTunes jukebox and 5 large flatscreen TVs to watch your favorite events. We are conveniently located directly across the street from Hershey Park and Zoo America. For those coming from out of town and visiting Hershey Park, stop by for a few hours to unwind at Parkside Hotel then return to Hershey Park at your leisure. We would love to share our Hershey stories with you-stop by and say Hello!
Reviewed 9 August 2018

Date night with my sweetie found us in Hershey once again. When we were last here, I drove by the Parkside Hotel while trying to get unconfused, and thought "Self? That would be a neat place to grab a bite to eat and a beer!"

It is a small, not particularly attractive, somewhat quirky bar with a decent menu of inexpensive eats. They do their own pit beef and pork out back, and that's the way to roll. We started off with the steamed clams; she got the pit pork BBQ sandwich with fries, and I got the pit beef sandwich with horsey sauce and fries. The meat was good and tender, the fries were skin-on, slender, and hand cut - not very crispy, but delicious nonetheless. I was very disappointed with the horsey sauce which was pretty much all mayo and not much horse. All-in-all, an acceptable meal.

The one major downside of the Parkside was the volume of the jukebox. I know it's said that if you have to turn down the music, you're old - well, most of the patrons (who had a notable look of locals) were in our over 50 age bracket. I'm sure many others had a difficult time carrying on a conversation. If you're reading this Parkside, turn down the volume: it's not so large a place that it needs to be so loud.

Overall, I found the atmosphere to be friendly, the beer to be cold, my sweetie to be beautiful, and had the added bonus of running into an old colleague who was in town for training. I believe we will go back!

1  Thank Tom M

Reviewed 30 July 2018

Signage: Best Food in Town

1 lb Steamed Clams and Mayrland Crab soup were tasty appetizers. Steamed Shrimp were otstanding . Friday July 27 Burger special topped with swiss cheese among the best ever eaten! Actually prepared and served " medium: which matched what was ordered. Smoking can be a problem but was not for the short time we were seated inside. Lots of local patronage! Only thing that would make it better is a non-smoking area. Lunch entrees averaged $10/person.

Reviewed 22 July 2018 via mobile

We stop there often for their wings & fries. It's a small place & they have outside seating on a small front porch...smokers go there. It's across from Hershey Park(one of the roller coasters) on Derry St. It's one of those back side bars with very good bar food. Very friendly.

Reviewed 17 July 2018 via mobile

Stopped here for a bite to eat after a day at Hershey World. Food was great, beer nice and cold... only thing that would make it better is a non-smoking area. Coming from Ohio I am just accustomed to all places being non-smoking.

I would come back again! Highly recommended.

Reviewed 4 July 2018

Order the pit beef sandwich with cheese and the wings. Its not the prettiest place, but the ugly places always have the best food lol.

Been to Parkside Hotel? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK