“Great stay at SpringHill Suites, Hershey”

Springhill Suites Hershey Near the Park
Ranked #11 of 25 Hotels in Hershey
Reviewed 27 September 2007

We could not have picked a better hotel for our short weekend stay.
Everything fit our needs perfectly, including the indoor heated pool and
jacuzzi for a nice morning dip and body soak. In the past we would
never make it to the hotel pools on short weekend trips, but lately we
have been taking full advantage of it. When we arrived on Saturday for
the RV show, traffic was a nightmare, but we got through it and the show
was a lot of fun. If you are thinking about RVing, a show is a great
way to explore your possibilities. After a long day at the show, we
checked in at the hotel around 6pm, and was greated by a nice lady at the
front desk who gave us a recommendation for dinner that was awesome.
The next time you are in Hershey, check out Pavones Restaurant and Bar.
Its about 10 min or less from the Springhill suites, and it was
great! Affordable prices, delicious food and very good service. The barmaid
also made me a very good martini! I had the crab manicotti which
was fantastic and my husband had the meat lasagna filled with sausage,
hamburger and pork, that was good too. We also tried a crab and cheese
bread as an appetizer and that was terrific!

The hotel suites are large rooms that easily accomodates a family of 4
or more. Our room was more than enough for just the two of us and the
beds were very comfy. What impressed me the most was how clean the
hotel is, including the common areas. They also offer a free continential
breakfast that was plentiful and offered a good start to our day.

The proximity to Hershey Park and the RV show were excellent. There is
also a really cool Antique Auto Museum directly across the road from
the hotel. Its well worth the $9.00 admission.

We plan to return here again next year for the show and to visit
Hershey Park, and other attractions. This hotel will definitely be on our
list of where to stay, and Pavones will be our stop for dinner.

Great job Marriott and Pavones!

• Stayed: September 2007, travelled as a couple
2  Thank louise71594
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 27 August 2007

Nice hotel , as other have said it is not a true suite hotel really one big room with 2 TV.
Hotel was nice ,clean new and everything was in working order.
Free breakfast was nice eating area was small and very busy on a rainy day. they did keep it clean and refilled the food.
Nice indoor pool, we did not use it. Great place for families.

I thought it was a but pricey, but it was high season. I would definitely go back.

• Stayed: August 2007, travelled with family
1  Thank dvcguy
Reviewed 18 August 2007

My family and I recently stayed here on our trip to Hershey. It was great for convenience to the park, even could see the fireworks from our hotel room after leaving the park. The room was large, but not what I consider to be a suite. The breakfast buffet was plentiful but got very crowded after 9:00 with not much seating. My family said the pool was okay. Upon returning home I realized that I had forgotten a couple of things. After calling the front desk they had said that they found one item (a battery charger for a camera) but not the other ( a few gift cards that I had left behind) Funny since they were both in the same spot. Still haven't gotten my charger back as promised. Just a warning to make sure you take all things home with you or they may get taken by a not so honest staff member.

• Stayed: August 2007, travelled with family
2  Thank shellgilardi
Reviewed 8 August 2007

We just stayed at Sprinhill suites for a lacrosse tournament and it was a pleasant stay. The hotel is two minutes from the park which is wonderfull. However, I would not consider the rooms suites. The room was the size of a regular hotel room with two queen beds a half wall and a sofa. There is a small refrigerator and micowave but the table only has one chair. After staying at Homewood Suites and Hawthorne Suites there is just no comparison.
The breakfast area is very small with very little seating but the breakfast was good with a lot of variety.
Reception was not very friendly, they barely smile and definitely don't greet you on checkin. The luggage carrier was nowhere to be found the entire time we stayed there.
I left some cash on the counter by the sink and when I got back there was a note from houskeeping thanking me for the tip. It was not intended to be a tip which would seem obvious the way the money was in a messy bunch all rolled up on the counter.
The indoor pool is very small but it was nice to have a pool after coming home from the park.
Overall the hotel is clean and close to the park but is not comfortable for a family of five.

3  Thank my4boys
Reviewed 2 August 2007

Springhill Suites by Marriott. From the minute I made my reservation on the phone, I knew I picked the right hotel. I recently stayed at Springhill with 6 other people for 2 nights (7/30-8/1, 2007) I booked
3 rooms of 2 because there wasn't anymore 2-Queen rooms when I made our reservations.

But when we got there, they said we could do 1 King and 1 2-Queen room to fit the 7 of us. With that, we saved like 350 bucks! 4 people
stayed at room 308 and the other 3 stayed at 316.

Check-In: We got there around 5 and did the room changing. The front desk staff wasn't that welcoming, which I expected. And when we were trying to decide about the rooms and were talking in another language, he kinda gave us a look. He did his job, but was not professional at all.

We got our room keys but didn't go to the rooms right away. We went to Giant (the local supermarket) to purchase the park tickets (which were discount tickets for $35 each) for the next day. We then went to eat at Ko Ko Mo's, got some beers at the store neaxt door, and went to a bowling alley (ABC Bowling) for the monday special - 35 cents a game! We finally got back to the hotel around 11pm.

The rooms: I stayed at 308 with 3 other people with 2 queen size beds and 2 tvs. The living area was big enough for 4 of us to walk around. There is the sofa bed, which nobody used. A desk and a chair. A microwave, a fridge, a coffee machine, a sink. There is a wall between the living area and the beds and one side is a mirror wall, so the room seems bigger when you walk in. The bathroom was clean and spotless. (If you have read other reviews, the toilet is loud when you flush, they didn't lie) The sink is outside the bathroom, which I didn't mind. The AC is by the window, next to one of the beds. The window was big, which you can open, and we had the view of the Museum. There is a small closet by the window.

The bed: (which is probably the most important thing other than the bathroom) was VERY clean and comfortable. There were 5 pillows and the comforter was just right, not too heavy, not too light. It felt good when you're snuggled in bed with the AC on.

*I did take pictures of the room, you can check them out later*

The breakfast: In my opinion was REALLY nice. I loved their mini chocolate muffins. They had regular breakfast food and you can also make your own breakfast sandwiches. Too bad the seating area IS small with about 20-30 seats. We did find seat as people were leaving.

The location: was just great. You turn right on Hershey Road and drive about 5 minutes then you'd see signs to the entrance to the Park. Same thing when you're coming back.

Check-out: No problems there. Just return your room keys. We were an hour late. They did call us as we were leaving the rooms. You would find a copy of your bill under the door in the morning. I guess they must have slipped it in when we were sleeping.

Overall, I was very satisfied. The only thing I didn't like was the service of the staff when guests are checking in and out. They could have done a better job by just saying simple things like "Welcome to hershey" or "Thanks for staying with us". The location and the cleanness of the hotel had won my vote of staying there again when I come back to Hershey.

• Stayed: July 2007, travelled with friends
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
5  Thank BlogOneFive
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hershey
3.4 km away
3.4 km away
Super 8 Hershey
Super 8 Hershey
#3 of 25 in Hershey

Been to Springhill Suites Hershey Near the Park? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK