Howard Johnson Inn Hershey
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Rio Motel(Hershey)
View Hotel
Red Roof Inn Hershey(Hershey)
View Hotel
All reviewsroom was cleanrestaurant downstairsbagelscontinental breakfasthershey parkgeneral managerroad noisemain buildinghershey pantryan older hotelchocolate avenuehershey worldfiattractionsqueenmileconcert
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 25 April 2012

Checked in after 6 days away from home. It was the last leg of our journey and had just experienced an awful hotel in another state. After bringing luggage to our room I noticed the road noise was quite prominent. We ate dinner in the restaurant downstairs (which was incredible) and returned to the room only to notice that the road noise was still very loud. I asked if I possibly could have a room across the hall. There were no rooms available but Victor upgraded me to a room in the back of the establishment for no additional cost. This was more than I could have expected after a terrible stay at a different chain of hotels in Virginia. The room was exceptionally clean and the staff was great. I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone who is traveling on a budget.

Room Tip: Ask for a Deluxe Room, which is a room towards the back of the hotel. Much more quiet.
2  Thank Karen N
Reviewed 16 April 2012

Booking on-line having never seen the place, it seemed nice for a Family of 4 for a one night stay. However, don't let the title "Inn" at the end of the hotel name deceive you. This is a Motel and NOT and Inn. Yes the Main building has a hallway connecting some rooms. However, most if not all rooms separate from the main building rooms have street access, which is a MOTEL. (If I had known this up front, I probably wouldn't have booked this room for my family, even just for one night.) For an Inn Standard it was horrible, Parking was scattered, Ice and Vending Machines located in another building and adjoining room doors are NOT sound proof of which you can hear EVERYTHING the people in the room next to you are saying, (Even at 12:30am in the morning!). If you are a single traveler looking for a one night stay, it would be OK and not bad by motel standards. (The room was clean, with a flat screen TV). However, for a family of four just getting off the road from a 10hr drive looking for a decent night sleep, I would look for another place to stay. I've stayed in much better hotels for less than what I paid here. PS: I would also plan on skipping the free Continental Breakfast as well... McDonald's is WAY BETTER.... Trust ME.

4  Thank Steve A
Reviewed 9 April 2012

Checking in I thought the front office staff was polite. That is all there was to it. The room had cob webs in every corner. They had room staff that were rude and were joy riding at all hours of the night up and down the alley way with no muffler that was loud enough to set off car alarms. Then, our adjoining room had a group of people that cursed, yelled, fought and screamed all night with a screaming baby. We called the front desk they supposedly asked them to stop it only made it worse. Myself and my young children were awake ALL night in fear and at 2AM leaving was not much of an option. DO NOT stay here, please if you are looking for a nice family atmosphere this is NOT it. We checked out immediately first thing that morning and though we had a room for 2 nights I wanted a refund! They refunded the 2nd night but kept the more expensive first night, I am just disgusted with this hotel.

Room Tip: Do not stay here.
1  Thank Jenna M
Reviewed 14 March 2012

I am working in the Hershey area and have stayed at 2 different hotels, then I came upon the HoJo on Rt 422. at First I didn't expect much but when the manager gave me a tour of the rooms and showed off the massive amount of renovations they had done, let me just say, it didn't take but a split second to make the decision to stay here.

Located about 1.5 miles from Downtown Hershey, just over 2 miles from the park, this hotel is very nice, with an extremely friendly staff, and great amenities.

While some would say the rooms are a bit small, I disagree. They are the right size based on your needs. If you need a larger room with larger beds it is up to you to make that request.

I guarantee you won't be disappointed with your stay. All beds are Sealy Posture Pedic Pillow Tops, with Comfortel Pillows, Newly Painted and Carpeted rooms with Balconies or walk out french door patio's. All counter tops are granite, and the experience is just perfect.

Highly Recommended whether short term or long term (great rates for long term stays)

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
4  Thank Gary U
Reviewed 7 March 2012

We went to a concert at the hershey theater, and we chose this hotel. Perfect choice..very close to the theater. Clean and comfortable...a little compact, but suited our needs perfectly. Really enjoyed the fact that after the concert we could come back and have a couple of drinks at the bar/restaurant. Parking was a little strange, but not so strange that I would complain about it. I would stay here again, and I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple