New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Ranked #1 of 8 Hotels in Hawley
Bowie, Maryland
“Loved it!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 July 2012

I cannot say enough about this spa destination. From the time I entered the doors to the time I left my 2-night stay, I felt line a Queen. The service, the meals, the room, the spa services were excellent. It has been added to my 'have to do yearly' list.

• Stayed July 2012
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (296)
Fort Myers, Florida, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 July 2012

The staff at the Lodge was extremely, warm, inviting, friendly, curtious, and helpful. I enjoyed every minute of my stay. The food was delicious and Debbie was the most perfect hostess. You had plenty to do or plenty of relaxing time. The lake was beautiful and we had a great time kayaking.

I could not find one thing wrong with the Lodge at Woodlock. I would highly recommend this place.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Rose M
Syoset
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 July 2012

The place is low key and they have an extremely friendly staff. It is exceptionally kept and appointed. I would definetly reommend it.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with friends
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Sheryl L
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 July 2012 via mobile

I visited the Lodge in June with the idea of celebrating my best friend from Florida's 50th birthday and my first trip away since developing an illness 10 years ago. It was a big celebration... And we couldn't have chosen a better destination. Having been in both the travel and hotel food/beverage/catering and spa business for 30 years of my life, I feel that I have had enough experience to compare travel/ spa experiences. I can't say enough about the Woodloch Lodge and Spa..from the warm greetings, to the personal attention to detail and to each guest, the extreme cleanliness and kindness of the housekeeping and F & B staff ( who had to deliver smoothies and the resort's special iced tea to my room on numerous occasions when I wasn't quite up to par on several days), to the professionalism of the fitness and spa staff, to the cleanliness and abundance of the little extras in the locker rooms, like iced cold wash cloths to cool off, pitchers of lemon water, plenty of bathrobes and towels etc. Cindy Wasilewski, the director of the fitness center was extremely knowledgeable and showed me ways to exercise within my physical limitations. She readily made herself available even with her very busy scedule.
However, I have to say that the BIGGEST KUDOS go to the great chef, Adam Mosher, who not only presented the most delicious, creative, beautifully presented, selection of healthy organic based cuisine that I have ever tasted particularly at a spa. If he isn't the head chef yet, he should certainly be highly considered. You see, I haven't been able to eat in several years ..living on ensure and smoothies..Chef Adam's food not only helped me to eat solid healthy food again but he was kind enough to take time to discuss my dietary needs, gave cooking classes and has given me a new outlook on the concept of good food = better health, something the medical profession does not know enough about. I thank you, Chef Adam and all the staff at Woodloch Lodge for the wonderful experience. Living a little bit over an hour away, I hope to visit the spa for regular "tuneups".

Stayed June 2012, travelled with friends
3 Thank Pamela K
Baltimore, Maryland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 July 2012

I surprised my husband on his special birthday with a 2-night stay at the Lodge. As others have mentioned, we were greeted right at the gate with "happy birthday" wishes. Regardless of the "no tipping" policy, service was superior everywhere in the spa. Receptionists and waitstaff were knowledgeable and pleasant. The dining room experience was consistently excellent, and the food was beautifully presented. We are vegetarian and were overjoyed to see so many meatless options on every menu. From the daily class selections, we were able to find choices to interest both of us throughout the day. We had particular praise for our kayak and painting instructors. Although it was such a luxurious facility, people were consistently friendly. The superior service continued even after we returned home. Unfortunately, we'd left an item of clothing in our room, which was very graciously mailed to us the following week! We've recommended the spa to many friends already and we look forward to a return trip.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Noni39
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hawley
32.0 km away
Cove Haven Resort
Cove Haven Resort
#1 of 2 in Lakeville
3.5 of 5 bubbles 2,474 reviews

Been to The Lodge at Woodloch? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK