All reviewssusquehanna riverriver frontroom was cleanrestaurant rowdowntown harrisburgbreakfast was includedconvenient locationshower headyogurtoff the highwayminute driveshaymotelpillowschannelspet
Reviewed 9 August 2017

I have never left a "terrible" review before in all my years of rating hotels and restaurants on TripAdvisor. This is a first. I booked this room on a return trip from Massachusetts, admittedly in a hurry. I ALWAYS read the bad reviews before booking, but failed to this time. What a mistake!! Whoever rated this hotel excellent is absolutely crazy. Yes, the room does look like the pictures, but the picture doesn't show the stains on the chair, the dust on the wallpaper, the tape (?) on the draperies at the top, the dust in the vent in the shower, and the black mold on the soap dish in the shower. Yes, I have pictures. I was afraid to place anything anywhere in that awful room. There were two homeless looking people sitting on the stoop in front of the main entrance, smoking. Thank goodness it was a one night stay. Please don't think that I'm exaggerating. I've never stayed in such a nasty room in all my years. I will call Choice hotels corporate when I get over the icky feeling of that place. I REPEAT, DON'T stay here unless you like feeling like even the water was dirty while you were showering. We were in room 208.

Stayed: August 2017
3  Thank WUMom
gmpa129, General Manager at Quality Inn Riverfront, responded to this reviewResponded 25 September 2017

We are quite saddened and disappointed to hear that your stay was not a good experience with us. We are making some smaller changes and getting ready to work on some bigger changes here to make our guest experiences memorable because they loved us. We love our old gal, and we are working diligently to make her look marvelous again, this includes the structure of how we do things here. Our guest satisfaction and experience are most important to us, and we hope that we can show you that in the future. Thank you for sharing your experience here, we hope to use your feedback, as well as others, to continue to improve for all of our guests.

Reviewed 5 August 2017

Chosen for its location to our June event but pleasantly surprised with quality of this hotel. Had 2 rooms - clean and spacious. Pool - outdoor but small - was refreshing and more than enough lounge chairs and towels. Breakfast was both hot and cold - plenty of choices - great coffee. Excellent wifi connection. Best feature was the staff at the front desk - very friendly and helpful. Provided us with a helpful THINGS TO DO sheet with directions. Used sheet to find restaurants for our group. Even had Chinese food delivered as we sat poolside! Had a great few days - very comfortable and welcoming - at a great price!

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family

What a wonderful trip this sounded like! Congrats to the graduate! We are ecstatic to hear how great our staff treated you and your fellow guests. We are so pleased to hear that you could take advantage of our seasonal pool and just kick back and relax while you were here. We look forward to your return!

Reviewed 2 August 2017

From the outside this hotel looks run down. Give it a chance though! The inside is very clean; the lobby was being repainted when we were there. I loved being able to get up every morning and drink my coffee (from the free breakfast) while sitting on a bench looking out at the river. There's a great path alongside the river for running/walking. It is also within walking distance of City Island and downtown Harrisburg. The fireworks at City Island were visible from my hotel window. The staff at the front desk was very friendly as was the housekeeping staff. The breakfast was the typical waffles, bagels, yogurt,etc. We stayed a few nights because my daughter was playing in a basketball tournament at the PA Farm Show Center. There was only one morning that we had an issue because the person in charge of the breakfast area wouldn't refill the waffle batter. We had 30 minutes left of breakfast, so I'm not sure what the problem was. The next day the waffle mix was refilled with 10 minutes to go, so maybe the first woman was just having a bad day. Overall this was a great location and we will stay there again when we go back next summer.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family

We're so happy you got to enjoy yourselves during your busy trip to our Harrisburg area. We hope your daughter had fun during her basketball tournament! Our staff is always excited to hear when they made a positive impression on our guests.

We'd like to extend our apologies for the day without waffles. We're not quite sure what happened there, but we are glad to see that they took care of you the following day.

Thank you guys for visiting. We'll be happy to have you back again next summer!

Reviewed 28 July 2017 via mobile

Stopped for a quick overnight on a road trip. Nothing "bad" stands out to give it only 3 rating just a basic, dated hotel (one wing is an odd converted motel). Check in staff was very nice. I know people get worried when they see an average rated hotel but don't be afraid to book here if you aren't looking for anything fancy.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple

Thank you for joining us here! We are glad that our staff provided you with wonderful service here. We hope you were able to enjoy our beautiful river during your quick trip to the city. Come back and join us again soon!

Reviewed 26 July 2017

We had booked 2 rooms for July 4th long weekend at the last minute. We reached the hotel close to 11 pm ( very tired obviously). To our shock - Shay in the front desk showed our reservation print-out and it showed that we had booked the room for wrong date (the previous night). Shay was very courteous and helped resolve the issue without charging us extra and helped make it a non-issue. 5 stars and Kudos to Shay for understanding the situation and not making a big deal about it. The hotel is fortunate to have someone like Shay at the front desk.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family