“Excellent value and location”

Red Roof Inn Harrisburg North
Ranked #37 of 50 Hotels in Harrisburg
Bloomfield, New Jersey
“Excellent value and location”
Reviewed 7 August 2011

We were visiting Hershey Park and the Red Roof Inn was close by and an excellent value. We booked through Expedia.com and we, along with everybody else who booked through them, had problems signing in. The receptionist, Donna, was extremely helpful in resolving the issue. As it turned out, the problem lied with Expedia and everything was resolved even though it took 45 minutes.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
  • Indonesian first
Ocala, Florida
Reviewed 5 August 2011

We arrived during a blinding rainstorm for a first time visit to Harrisburg, directions were incomplete, called and nobody answered the phone. My husband asked someone in a convenience store who had no idea where this location was. We drove around trying to find it since we already had reservations, I kept calling and calling, going thru the entire menu, pressing each option....nobody answered. We ended up on the opposite side of town, finally found someone who gave us accurate directions. When I arrived I asked the desk clerk if something was wrong with the phone. She said no, I told her I called numerous times and there was no answer she said she was too busy to answer the phone.. Many years ago I ran a switchboard with 10 incoming lines, sometimes several lines lit up at once but I never missed a call. In addition I was the receptionist who greeted others who had appointments, I announced them to our staff and gave the guest directions. THAT is what I call busy. When my husband went to get ice he observed her being very busy, standing outside smoking. Because of all the delay in trying to find this place we didn't get our dinner til 9:30PM. Upon returning to our room we observed the desk clerk being very busy again. She was standing outside smoking. The room was very cramped and the bathroom was not big enough for 2 small people to be in there at once. We don't travel much, just make one annual trip to New England to visit family each year. We recently adopted a dog so we needed a pet friendly motel. I just acquired a guidebook for traveling the east coast with a dog and learned that the RRI is not the only game around that allows dogs. Unfortunately we did not have time to change the reservation for our return trip and that's another disappointing experience of a different variety.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed 4 August 2011

I booked this hotel because of the good reviews, but was disappointed with my stay. This hotel doesn't provide an iron or hair dryer in your room. Even the cheapest hotels at least give you a hair dryer. No continental breakfast. I had problems staying connected to the hotel internet. My last day there my room wasn't cleaned. The bed was more on the firm side, pillows not flully enough for me.I will say it was nice and quiet at night for me to sleep. If you need to stay more than a night, book another hotel.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with friends
Baltimore, MD
Reviewed 31 July 2011

I stayed here for one night on my way to an area north of here in PA. The room was clean and comfortable, and everything (bathroom fixtures, air conditioning, etc.) was in good working order. Granted, this is not a four-or-five star property with many amenities, but for a one or two night "just passing through" stay, this is a good choice for the money.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled solo
Charlotte, North Carolina
Reviewed 28 June 2011

Booked two rooms at this hotel for my parents and my family for a one night stay while we met up in Harrisburg. The rooms themselves are small but functional. There are no in room amenities except for a safe, TV and free wifi. It was clean and orderly when we arrived, the hotel is in a good location close to the highway and a couple of restaurants (a very busy Cracker Barrel for one). Slept fairly well - be aware though - if you are a light sleeper, if you need to cool or heat the room, the air conditioning unit will keep you up as it is 2 feet from the bed. Not a problem for me but for some people this might be a problem. All in all, it was a good place to stay and an excellent nightly rate to boot. I will stay here again if I need a place to stay in the Harrisburg area.

• Stayed June 2011