Howard Johnson Inn Harrisburg
US$ 152
Homewood
US$ 143
US$ 132
La Quinta Inn & Suites Harrisburg Hershey(Harrisburg)(Great Value!)
US$ 90
Red Roof Inn Harrisburg Hershey(Harrisburg)(Great Value!)
US$ 85
US$ 81
Red Roof
US$ 80
La Quinta
Best Western Harrisburg/Hershey Hotel(Harrisburg)(Great Value!)
US$ 105
BestWestern.com
All reviewsroom was largebeds were comfortablehousekeepercouponhighway
Reviewed 20 October 2011

We walked into the building our room was located in and besides it being very dimly lit, it smelled musty. Like the smell of a unfinished basement. Then walking into our room at about 11:30 p.m. from visiting hershey park, the toilet was running and making a load noise, so we called the front desk to report it. So while we are waiting for them to come fix the problem i see this huge smooshed bug on the floor of the bathroom and another dead bug on the floor by one of our beds. I pulled back the sheets and there were stains on the pillow cases and the fitted sheets.

So when the front desk guy finally got to our room we asked him about the bug and he said oh its just a centipead...it must have gotten in through the back sliding door. Mmm thats intresting..so it got in the room and smooshed itself onto the bathroom floor?...intresting... Then we asked him about the dirty sheets on the bed. He then "corrected" me and said...no those sheets are clean they just have stains on them ( im not kidding you ) So i said oh really , so its ok to put stained sheets on the bed you have customers sleeping on? Well if i was home and my own sheets were stained, id throw them away and buy myself new sheets, how is this acceptable? So with that after arguing that she sheets are clean just stained, he went and retrieved us new clean linen which he handed me to place on the bed myself! Its really scarry that this is the same person who greets you and arranges your stay there. So in short I would never go there again and would not reccomend this place to anyone. Its Disgusting.

Room Tip: Its dirty and disgusting...the end.
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family
3  Thank num1chula1
Reviewed 6 September 2011

This hotel is ready to be put down. It's just old and tired. There are only so many times you can repaint before it can't be fresh anymore. The hotel is good if you just need a bed for the night really cheap. The staff at check in were very pleasant and helpful. Free internet is provided but the building we were in had no signal at all.One upside was that the breakfast was fine. They have waffle makers, doughnuts, cereal, and juice. I didn't see any fruit. Plenty of free parking close to the rooms. This hotel is 10 minutes from Hershey Park. They have good directions if you ask at the front desk.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank Pete7919
HoJoHbg-Hershey, Director of Sales at Howard Johnson Inn Harrisburg, responded to this reviewResponded 16 September 2011

We appreciate you taking the time to review our hotel. We have passed your comments on to our staff. We will address the details that fell through the cracks during your stay.

Reviewed 5 September 2011

Me and my fiance decided to go to hershey park for the weekend. The hotels there were horribly over priced. I saw this place online and thought hey let's give it a try. Saw some good and bad reviews and thought u can't make everyone happy so we gave it a shot. It was better then what I expected and only took us like ten minutes to get the hershey park we even went both days. The rooms were clean the sheets bland pillows were clean and I saw no type of bugs in our room stated by some other travelors. Only bad thing I can say is we came back around 6pm from the park and no one even touched our room but my fiance asked housekeeping for towels and they gave us a big pile and she asked if we needed anything else. We did not have shampoo it anything in our rm either but we brought our own anyways. Forgot our suits so we didn't use the pool but it looked warm inviting and clean. Would definately come back again!!!

• Stayed: September 2011

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I am glad you enjoyed your experience at our hotel. I apologize for your room not being cleaned. Sometimes the "Do Not Disturb" signs are inadvertantly left on the door and our staff skips the room. We are reviewing your situation with our housekeeping staff so that can eliminate that problem.

Reviewed 30 August 2011

We stayed at the HJ after a trip to Hershey Park we arrived at the hotel around 10:30 in the evening after getting stuck in a rain storm the room was freezing so we turned the heater on and it smelled like something had caught fire and the alarm even went off so we called the desk and was told we were not suppose to be running the heater LOL guess we were suppose to stay in a 60 degree room.Then we called the desk to get pillows (because the ones we had were paper thin) they told us they would try to find us some a half hour later they brought us 1 oh did i mention there were 4 of us. There were no light bulbs in the lamps and tha place was very dirty cobwebs everywher even threw the hallways. I travel alot and will never stay at a Howard Johnson again!!

• Stayed: August 2011
1  Thank Pat M

I am sorry about your experience at our hotel. Your experience does not meet the standards we have set for our guests and for ourselves. We have passed your concerns to the affected staff members involved. We are reviewing our procedures to make sure a guest is not checked into a room that is not prepared properly.

Reviewed 29 August 2011

Never would recommend this dump not even to my worst enemy!

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family