“Vegetarian food that's not just pasta!”
Review of Mellow Minded Cafe

Mellow Minded Cafe
Ranked #47 of 575 Restaurants in Harrisburg
Reviewed 4 April 2018

It is difficult in the small town environment of Harrisburg PA to find a restaurant where "vegetarian" means more than pasta and salad. And if you're vegan, the task of finding a suitable meal other than the ubiquitous hummus dishes is very difficult. Mellow Minded manages to provide very good menu for non-carnivores.

Between the four of us, we ate the vegetarian BLT, the mellow bellow, the black bean burger, the tomato bisque, and the veggie fajita. The service was excellent - the soup came out cold and was promptly heated on request; we ordered avocado aioli and got hummus on a sandwich, which was quickly corrected. And then we were given a refund for two soups and a sandwich (which wasn't necessary but pleasant.)

The tomato soup was good and thick, it could have used a little more umph in the seasoning. The veggie fajitas were a nice surprise - they appeared almost burnt (but were not) and had great spicy taste. The BLT was thick and good, the mellow bellow (portabello mushroom sandwich) good, and the black bean burger tasty. The black bean burger was more squishy than I cared for, but it's difficult to get good consistency in veggie burgers.

The décor was wood, paint, and delightful cubby hole spaces within the restaurant. It was noisy when crowded due to the hard surfaces, but noise died down with the crowd size. The only thing I don't like about the Mellow Minded is having to order at a counter space. Since this is a reconverted house in Linglestown, the architecture can't really be converted easily into a restaurant. And the counter is in a sort of hallway outside the kitchen, so it gets crowded with servers and customers.

The bathrooms were immaculate and full of color and artwork. All in all, a pleasant experience and we will be back.

Reviewed 18 February 2018

my wife & i loved the food here, we loved the options for vegetarian & vegan & highly recommend eating here, great place to gather for a get together or catch up with friends, awesome vibes, great environment!

Reviewed 23 December 2017

Mt husband and I stopped in for the first time for lunch. It was really crowded so we thought that was a good sign. It's difficult to read the menu and stay out of everyone's way. We both ordered a cup of soup and a club sandwich to share. The soup was good, not great. The sandwich was blah. The ingredients looked fine but there was no taste so we asked for some mayo. Like the vibe but the food needs to improve, especially for the price.

Reviewed 21 November 2017 via mobile

A friend of mine hosted a private event at mellow minded Cafe last night. The space is adorable, decor is mellow (surprise!) yet engaging, the wraps and lemon-lavender lemonade were tasty, and the staff was discreetly but helpfully available all evening. I look forward to going back and trying more from their menu.

Reviewed 31 October 2017

I love the Mellow Minded Cafe! I love that they are very vegan friendly, but have other options as well. I go frequently with my sister who is not vegan and we are both always delighted with our meal whether it be for breakfast, lunch or dinner. I also love that they have vegan treats! For my birthday this year, my sister worked with the Mellow Minded Cafe to order me a cake from their vegan baker. It was so good! Very impressed and I will continue to go again and again. I have not been there in the evening on a weekend so I am not sure what the environment is like with live music or the fire pits outside, but I'd imagine it is nice. They are always posting different events on their Facebook page that they host. I highly recommend the tofu bbq sandwich (sub on vegan bread). Their smoothies are also AMAZING. Prices are decent, a little pricier but knowing I'm supporting a local business and my food is fresh makes it fine to me. I highly recommend this place! The only thing I wish is that they were open in the evening earlier in the week!