“Great Burgers”

“Great Burgers”
Reviewed 24 May 2012

Big Think Burgers, very good. Try the Vanilla Coke

1 Thank JohnRen1
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Harrisburg, PA
“Best burgers in Harrisburg”
Reviewed 8 March 2012

Really great burgers and sandwiches. Hand sliced aged cheddar on burger. Cheesesteaks and salads goos as well. Fresh Italian meats on salads and hoagies.

1 Thank MikeWish
Mechanicsburg, Pennsylvania
“Food is good but calling in, forget it”
Reviewed 28 February 2012

I saw this little house with a sign on it about Philly cheese steaks so I had to try it. The place has very limited hours and was closed when I discovered the place. The next day I was off so I wanted to check it out, The burgers were very good and big. And I ordered the cheese fries, (very greasy) looks like they needed to change the oil, but it doesn't matter I didn't go for the fries I wanted to try the burgers and cheese steak so the next day I called in my order or should I say I tried to call in my order, and got nobody to answer the phone. So I drove down and went in person, the place was crowded from state workers and I finally ordered and 15 mins finally got my food too go. The cheese steak was pretty good but had so much liquid in the bottom of the bag

• Visited January 2012
1 Thank Harry1970
Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
“Where hamburgers become an art form”
Reviewed 23 February 2012

On my first visit, I opened the door to a very inauspicious store front. No red carpet or valet parking here! Lunch time crowd was downright busy with few seats. The very plain facilities are superseded by a single minded focus on the quality of the food. Our family ordered a variety of items all made exactly to order with a wide selection of fresh crusty very tasty breads and rolls, amazing fresh meats and cheeses, as well as excellent garnishes such as peppers, onions, tomatoes and sauces….. and shared the bounty. The burgers and subs are HUGE.

I ordered a Jackson House burger medium well with Provolone and bacon. It was cooked exactly to order, was fall apart juicy and delicious (not a crumb went to waste). My son got a Philly Cheese Steak, and my wife got a cooked to order burger. All had superb incredibly delicious juicy taste. A wide variety of old soda fountain drinks also delicious are available from cherry or vanilla cokes, and cherry Sprites.

Now I know why my son raves about the Jackson House.

Eating a burger here is a two handed, 4 napkin and 5 star taste affair!!

Lunch only…phone number for call ahead pick up.

• Visited September 2011
“best burgers in Harrisburg”
Reviewed 17 February 2012

if you are on a diet or watching the labels on your food, skip the Jackson House... the burgers are fresh and made to order... don't forget the homemade fries... oh -- take lots of napkins to wipe your hands and mouth...