“Overnight in Harrisburg, PA”

Hilton Garden Inn Harrisburg East
Ranked #5 of 50 Hotels in Harrisburg
Brooklyn, NY
“Overnight in Harrisburg, PA”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 June 2012

We liked this hotel. Its located near a shopping mall and within walking distances of restaurants. The location is a bit confusing when following GPS but findable. We visited Hershey Chocolate World and the Harrisburg Arts Festival and found it easy to get to both. We had a great weekend getaway from the big city (NYC).

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank BrooklynSun
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (58)
Algonquin, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 May 2012

I was here with team members overnight for a business trip and we had previously checked into holiday inn about 20 minutes away that was mortifying after a little research on trip advisor I called up our travel department and changed our reservations to this hotel. I am SO glad that I did. Jeshanah at the front desk was amazing and it takes A LOT to impress me with customer service I have been in the customer service field for years but She absolute did it! If I could steal her away and have her work for me I would. She was bright and friendly and when we asked her for a dinner recommendation she picked the PERFECT place. The hotel was clean and the rooms were immaculate. I can not rave enough about this hotel. Hilton should be honored to have this staff on hand, everyone who worked here said hi, smiled, and was passionate about their job. If you're looking for great customer service and a great hotel look no further.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
Livingston, New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2012

This was our first time staying at this hotel. We have gone to Hershey many times and were familiar with the Homestead Suites property next door, but wanted to try another hotel this time. We are members of the Honors program and received complementary breakfast each morning we were there which was really a great breakfast. We were able to order whatever we wanted, pancakes, omelets, etc. a full-cooked to order meal. There was also dry cereals available and the regular breakfast food, such as oatmeal, yogurt, fruit, different juices such as orange, pineapple, grapefruit, tomato, bagels, bread for toast, muffins, and pastries. We ate dinner at the restaurant in the hotel which turned out to be a very good meal as well. There only one other person in the restaurant when we ate at about 5:30 pm on the Memorial Day weekend which was kind of surprising,but the weather was very bad as it was raining very hard so maybe that was the reason people were not here. We ordered the four cheese lasagna which we were told was made in house which was very good. One of us also order the fish dish which was also very good. The food was well-prepared. The hotel seemed to be very quiet for Memorial Day weekend, but we were told all of the rooms were taken, so people must have been out when we were there.
As for the room, we had one with two queen size beds with a rollaway cot which was in a standard size room. The room was very clean. The beds were extremely comfortable. We did not like the feather pillows, but when we switched to their regular pillows they were great. She also made sure that we were satisfied with the cot, and when we asked for a change, a woman in charge of making these changes did so efficiently and made sure everything we were satisfied. She was very accomodating. We were very pleased with the service she provided. The staff at the front desk were all very pleasant and accomodating. We used the indoor pool which was nicely heated, and while a bit small still allowed us to do some swimming. We like the location of this hotel as it is just a few miles to Hershey. We would stay here again.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank NewJerseyMari
MelissaHoke, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Harrisburg East, responded to this review, 30 May 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write a comment. We appreciate all the kind words and will pass them on to our staff. We hope to see you on any future stays you have in the Hershey/Harrisburg area.
Colorado Springs, Colorado
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 May 2012

I checked in for 3 nights last month and I too saw the sign about the bugs... but the other reviewer was wrong... it wasn't for bedbugs, it was for STINK bugs. There is a BIG difference. Anyone who travels (especially in this area) knows that you are going to run into a stink bug now and then. They can look pretty intimidating so I imagine the hotel put the sign as a way of easing the shock for somone who is not familiar with them. Just my 2 cents. Now on to my review.

I couldn't be happier. Everything from check-in to check-out was at or above Hilton standards. Staff was friendly, food was good (I had appitizers in the bar one night and breakfast each day.) Room was roomy and clean. I wish all of the hotels that I stay at were as good. Thanks Garden Inn! I'll be back.

(Oh yeah.. I didn't find a single stink bug either!)

Room Tip: Breakfast is not included in the room rate, It's about 12 bucks in their restaurant.
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank Bill B
New Orleans, Louisiana
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 May 2012

The service was excellent, but the room had things that bite in the night, a co-worker also stayed there and was never biten. But the room I had was the worst. Scratched like a dog full of fleas. Prior to changing hotel I washed all my belongings in hot water.

Room Tip: May have bugs in some rooms.
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank slidelville
MelissaHoke, Front Office Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Harrisburg East, responded to this review, 10 May 2012
We appreciate your comments, as the front desk manager i would like to speak to you further concerning your comments. Please contact me at 717-635-7299. Thank you