“Minimalist, but clean”

Ranked #46 of 50 Hotels in Harrisburg
Flanders, NJ
“Minimalist, but clean”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 October 2011

I needed a place to sleep over-night for the Hershey Antique Car meet. This motel definitely filled the bill. They got all the basics right.. clean, comfortable bed, big room. My room overlooked the police parking lot, but it was reasonably quiet. Not the place I would recommend for a family vacation, but if you need just an overnight stop, this place will suffice. The bathroom was tiny, but the sink was outside the bathroom. The breakfast was also minimalist- some cereal, coffee, english muffin, danish, etc. Only two chairs and small table in breakfast area (but both mornings I got a seat). For the price, this was a good deal. Internet connection was iffy, worked OK one night, not the other. The place appeared to be full both nights I was there.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled solo
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Lebanon, New Jersey
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 December 2010

First, get this straight - this is a cheap hotel. You remember, the kind you drive your car up to the sidewalk, and the door is a few feet from your car trunk. But, for $61 (including taxes) it is hard to beat. It was clean, the bed was soft, and we (luck of draw) had a room (142) on end that had only one bed in a room designed for two - so it looked spacious. Location is good - typical right off highway, but right next to places charging more. Go ahead, lower yourself and spend the savings on a nice dinner.

• Stayed December 2010, travelled as a couple
New Jersey
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2010

First let me say the only thing good about this motel is the beds were comfortable and there were no bed bugs. Other than that you get what you pay for. (Rate was $59.95 a night) I had booked 2 rooms as I had my daughter, 3 grandchildren and niece with me on vacation to Hershey Park and booked it for 4 nights. I researched information on this motel before I booked it and found no reviews so being on a tight budget decided to take my chances. Upon arriving my daughter and I were regretting it already. We had no choice but to take it since there were no other motels within our budget. When we got to our room my ac hardly worked, dresser drawer would not close, toilet seat was broken and the carpet was moist and felt like it hadn't been cleaned since the place opened. It smelled like urine also. My daughter's room bathroom wall tiles were coming off the wall. Maid only came in and vacumned once. This I know because I noticed there was a potatoe chip under the table when we got back the the room the next day. The night before we were leaving we found bugs in my room and called the front desk. They were going to give us another room (what was the sense, we were leaving in the morning) but manager refused to do anything about getting rid of the bugs. Daughter said she saw cockaroaches outside the lobby. Did not complain about the rooms because I figured they were all this bad. I will NEVER stay at this motel again.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled with family
Pennsylvania
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 July 2010

Stayed over a Saturday night. Arrived at 5 pm with a confirmed reservation in hand, reservation made several days earlier online. Advised that hotel had overbooked and we would not be able to get the room we had reserved. Front desk were extremely apologetic and offered us a 2 bed Queen room at the employee rate. She attempted to contact the general manager to confirm the rate, she did not answert her phone or call her staff that night.
Room on fourth floor appeared fine until we used bathroom and noted large glob of dried black hair in tub drain. We returned to the front desk and they were embarassed by the situation and promised the room would be clean before our return later in evening.
At 11 pm we returned and the bathroom was clean, everything else looked clean...how do you know really ???
The final event was that the remote control would not work...we were tired of complaining and just went to sleep.
The breakfast room attenedant was extremely polite, attentive and ran a nice breakfast.
On leaving I did request that the general manager call me...she has not.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank llongrider1
Southern New England
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 August 2009

This property is now a Rodeway Inn and has dropped the Travelodge name. It is your basic, no frills, strip motel. It was clean and the people were friendly. It had a small breakfast basically consisting of coffee, cold cereal and a few pastries. The room was a decent size, the beds (we had 2 queens and a twin in one room) were comfortable and the place was clean. Much better than some other motels of this category I have stayed in. One word of warning, if you are a late sleeper, they are building a Sleep Inn right next door, so there is construction going on during the daytime. Other than that, noise was not an issue despite being on the main drag. Otherwise, if you are on a tight budget, I would recommend this place.

• Stayed August 2009, travelled with family