“Better than expected”
Review of Bocelli Restaurant

Bocelli Restaurant
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Located at the Gwynedd Valley rail line stop of the Septa R5 Lansdale/Doylestown run, this fine restaurant has quickly established itself as an area favorite among locals and commuters alike. Patrons can enjoy the sumptuous authentic Italian fare while seated in the quaint and warmly decorated stucco-clad dining atmosphere and watching the chefs masterfully prepare meals in the open kitchen. Commuters on the go can also benefit from Bocelli's take out specials, calling only 15 minutes in advance to have their special take out meal ready and waiting when they arrive. Additionally, Bocelli Restaurant offers an extensive Party Platter catering menu for parties of 15 or more. Cold and Hot Appetizers, Pasta dishes, Entrees and Desserts prepared to standards only found at Bocelli will add the touch of class and elegance to any catered party.
Reviewed 25 July 2016 via mobile

I was very worried when we pulled into the parking lot. I'm glad we went in.

Place is right along side of the railroad tracks so most cars in the parking lot are for the train.

The place is super small and I mean small. Very cramped atmosphere but cool. The waitresses were fantastic. It's a BYOB restaurant but somehow we received lemon cello shots at no charge. Great folks.

I ordered the shrimp and lobster tail farfalle which was delish. Followed by their tiramisu which was good. No complaints on the food.

Eat here again? Absolutely.

Reviewed 7 July 2016 via mobile

I've heard good things about this place so I decided to see for myself if Bocelli is a good as people say. First, this is a tiny restaurant and the tables are cramped and are oddly situated. Second, the restaurant it is not particularly clean. The whole place looks like it could use a good, thorough cleaning. The train station location is a nice touch, though. It's also a BYOB.

Now for the food...the menu is pretty straightforward, with common Italian fare. We had the clams casino for appetizers. The serving portions were generous but it was the first time we've ever had clams casino not be baked/broiled, so the clam mixture was too wet for our liking. It was also slightly sour, which we also didn't care for. We both had the lobster ravioli as an entree and the portions were fairly small for the price. Each entree had 5-6 raviolis and three large shrimp. That's it for $28 each! We get this dish at other restaurants and the serving size is much more generous and there's a greater seafood variety. The dish was good but by no means was it special or memorable. We decided to cut our loses after our entrees and we didn't order any desserts.

Bottom line, Bocelli is a decent choice if you're in a pinch but I certainly would not go out of my way to return.

Reviewed 30 June 2016

There was four of us that ventured to Bocelli's on a beautiful Saturday night. We took the 6:15 seating and walked out around 7:50 full and telling the owner WE ARE COMING BACK.

I had the Veal Saltimbocca and it was outstanding. I will get this again on our next visit.

My wife had Ravioli al Granchio and she loved it. She took some of the homemade bread and wiped her plate off it was so good.

My sister ordered the Tagliatelle ai Frutti di Mare and she could not stop complimenting the waiter and the owner. It looked and smelled out of this world.

My brother is a big man so he ordered a Veal Chop and it looked like it arrived from the Flintstones. It was gigantic and moist and ate every bit of it. Again, he will order this again on our next visit.

For our Appetizers we ordered Clams Casino, Mussels in white sauce and Calamari e Gamberi alla Griglia.

All our appetizers were absolutely mouthwatering and such good choices. With the homemade bread they give you it's hard to believe that you can even think about a dessert. We could not.

Being it's a BYOB made it even more special and they were very attentive with serving our needs. I HIGHLY recommend this but please do not go on the night of our next visit :)

Reviewed 25 March 2016

This place is wonderful! Quaint and charming atmosphere, DELICIOUS food. Reservations fill up quickly so we don't get here as much as we would like, but when we have a special occasion coming up we make sure we get our date locked in! We had the special portabello mushroom appetizers which was amazing, and my crab ravioli was melt in your mouth. Dessert was perfect; tiramisu for my husband and limoncello cake for me. Service is always friendly (we were the last table there and were never rushed).

Reviewed 17 February 2016 via mobile

Bocelli, located in little Geynedd Valley, is becoming a not so secret local restaurant. Excellent Italian dishes on the menu and daily specials. Be sure to indulge in a Caesar salad, maybe the best I have ever had.
BYOB