“Unbelievably Disgusting”

Ranked #8 of 10 Hotels in Greensburg
Cumberland, MD
“Unbelievably Disgusting”
Reviewed 30 July 2009

Stayed at the Knights Inn only b/c they were the only hotel with vacancies-Now i know why. We figured we would get in late and only be sleeping there, but that was TOO long. The rooms were not clean by any means, and in the morning, we found TWO ticks in one of the beds. Do yourself a favor and stay further from your destination if you have to-it's worth it.

• Stayed July 2009, travelled with family
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
PA
Reviewed 8 June 2009

Upon checking into our room we noticed that it was filthy and had a ton of pubic hair under the comforter. There were stains on the side of the mattress and burn holes (non-smoking room) on the bed and carpet. The door knob didnt work right and the room smelled like a dirty hamper. I went to the front desk manager and demanded my money back. He told me I couldnt because I was in the room too long (23 minutes from checkin time). However, it was more like only 5 minutes because we spent time unloading the vehicle and then reloading it. Ichecked out and needless to say iot cost me $ 63.71 for less than 1/2 an hour. I immediately called nthe Wyndman HQ (parent company) and was told that each Knights Inn is independently owned and can do whatever they want. WHAT A JOKE. I will NEVER EVER stay at a hotel/motel owned my them ever again!!!!!

• Stayed June 2009, travelled with family

Travellers are raving about these Greensburg hotels

Atlanta, GA
Reviewed 9 May 2008

If your looking for a pet-friendly motel in Greensburg, the Knight's Inn is about your only option. This is a old-style Knight's Inn, with the Tudor architecture and all rooms on one floor. All room access is outside - you drive your car up to the door, which I consider to be a plus. As an older property, it will not appeal to everyone, but is has pluses you won't find at the other hotel/motels.

It's located in South Greensburg on US 119 with easy access in and out of the property. The US 30 interchange is right there, so no matter where you need to go, it's generally not a problem. There is a McDonald's and Burger King within walking distance, plus Hoss's Steak House is a block away.

The motel is right along the Five Star Trail, which is a rail trail that runs from Lynch Field in Greensburg to Youngwood. This is a excellent trail for walking or biking and dogs are welcome (which is one of the reasons I really like the motel).

Despite the older feel to the property, I've never had a problem with the rooms in the 10+ years I've been staying there. My rooms have always had a microwave and refrigerator. And the housekeeping staff is always been very friendly. In 2007, they have added wireless Internet access, so your notebooks are welcome.

Regular from Atlanta GA

• Stayed November 2007
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank centauricw
Atlanta, GA
Reviewed 12 March 2008

I don't know what the other two people are talking about. Maybe this is the cheapest motel in Greensburg, but it was far from a "must see" motel. I got there at night, and the outside was not well lit. As soon as you walk into your room, you were hit with a smell of "Grandma's attic". The 1970's lodge-type decor matched this as well. Creaky floors, wooden walls, old lights hanging from a chain in the ceiling and the old school recliner with the little wooden table made me feel like I was in a horror movie. Needless to say, I did not feel safe. There were 3 locks total on the door, which I used and that gave me a little piece of mind.
My room had no iron, microwave, or refrigerator like the other people were talking about. It only came with soap, towels, coffeemaker and some cups.
My room was semi-clean; There were hairs around the sink, toilet, and bathtub (4 hairs total). It looked like they rushed to clean it and missed a few spots.........so at least they tried ( I think).
In conclusion.......If you really need to save money, you can stay here. If you are cautious like I am, I recommend that you just bring your shower slippers, sheets, and everything else you need to feel comfortable.

• Liked — They had a continental breakfast-donuts and juice only-stick to the juice!!
  • Disliked — It wasn't even worth the $50 I paid. The other reviews were misleading.
  • Stayed March 2008, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2 Thank blue_25
Canonsburg, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 5 August 2007

This hotel is definitely above average for an older, reasonably priced 'over-nighter' type of hotel. We stayed one night in a king room. The room was very clean. It had a king bed, recliner chair, small table and chairs, small microwave, and large apartment type refrigerator. The room also included an iron and coffee maker with coffee packets. The room was definitely dated but it was very clean and the bed was comfortable. The TV was small. The folks at the front desk were friendly. There were a couple problems with the room. The smoke detector was taken apart. I thought maybe someone did it so they could smoke but the room didnt' have any odor at all and it was a non-smoking room. Also, the door knob in the bathroom fell off if you pulled on it. But these were fairly minor issues. When I choose this type of hotel, my main concerns are basic comfort, no odor, no bugs, and clean. The hotel easily met all those requirements.

• Liked — Cleanliness and room amenities for the price
  • Disliked — Room was a bit dated, minor issues with maintenance
  • Stayed August 2007, travelled as a couple
2 Thank skeeziks
Also consider these accommodations in or near Greensburg
4.0 km away
4.1 km away
Courtyard Pittsburgh Greensburg
13.2 km away
Wingate by Wyndham Latrobe

Been to Knights Inn Greensburg? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK