All reviews queen suite longwood gardens wedding guests wedding weekend front desk staff night stay enjoyed my stay paige brandywine microwave sink gm
Reviewed 7 September 2018

Mold on curtains in room. Weird smell in game room and restaurant. Elevators need to be repaired, serious issues. Staff was very friendly. I feel bad that they have to work in that environment. Your money will go to waste if you decided to stay here.

Date of stay: August 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Jon B, General Manager at Wyndham Garden Glen Mills Wilmington, responded to this reviewResponded 8 September 2018

Thank you Lawrence for taking the time to review our hotel,

I am glad you found the staff very friendly and I am truly sorry the rest of your stay was not equal to the service you received. Our elevators were recently inspected as they are every 6 months and found to be in perfect working order. I will express your concerns with our ownership group however.

Truly,

Reviewed 3 September 2018 via mobile

Have been here a few times. Very large suite type Rooms. Very good prices. Many restaurants in area. Has hooters attached and an in house restaurant I did not get to try. Very pleasant staff especially front desk.

Date of stay: September 2018
Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 2 September 2018 via mobile

Front desk staff very friendly. Housekeeping understaffed. Unable to have room serviced due to lack of staff in the afternoon.
Vehicle was vandalized in parking lot. Police report was taken, was informed that it is a continued problem. No video surveillance in the parking lot. Trash was also an issue in the parking lot.

Date of stay: September 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
Jon B, General Manager at Wyndham Garden Glen Mills Wilmington, responded to this reviewResponded 4 September 2018

Thank you melissajclites for taking the time to review our property.

I am glad that you found the front desk staff to be friendly. As far as your comments regarding housekeeping their hours are from 8:00AM until 4:00PM as such any service requests outside of this time will be handled the following day. We are more than happy to provide fresh towels and linens for you any time however.

As far as your comments about your vehicle; It was made aware to me that your tailgate was missing. In 13+ years at this property I have never had a tailgate removed from a vehicle. While there have been a few incidents during my tenure with regards to door dings or bumped side view mirrors this is definitely a first. I am glad mystaff was able to assist you in getting in contact with the police and filing a report.

As far as the comments regarding trash in the parking lot; we had a number of groups this weekend and as much as my staff tried to keep up; many attendees left trash throughout the hotel and grounds. It amazes me that people behave this way; I know my parents would not have allowed behavior such as this.

Reviewed 15 August 2018

NICK at the front desk is the best. Beyond Nick, things did not live up to his cheerfulness. The breakfast was mediocre. The house cleaning service was not great. I called 2 or 3 times for someone to come up to our room to clean it. The person put the DIRTY sheets back on the bed! They literally remade the bed with stains on sheets on pillows. I know they were dirty because my makeup stains were still there. They didn't clean our room, only just tidied up trash because the water bottle that I sat by the door was STILL BY THE DOOR when they finished "cleaning." The door in between the living room area and bedroom was stuck! I had to give a shove to close it and when I tried to open it, it was stuck by the top right corner and I thought for sure I was never getting out of the room. We had to call down for towels a few times as well. The pool wasn't cleaned out nicely and the towels weren't stocked. We had to ask for them to even open the gate and stock with mini towels that won't dry anything because they are super worn out. The other lady who came to front desk couldn't even give simple info as to whether or not the pool was heated. The pool also wasn't clean or stocked with towels. Other than Nick, our wedding night stay here was not great at all.

Date of stay: July 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Jon B, General Manager at Wyndham Garden Glen Mills Wilmington, responded to this reviewResponded 16 August 2018

I am glad that nick provided excellent service and I will make sure to commend him on doing so. As far as your concerns about the sheets and towels, We do offer a linen and terry conservation program as one of our many green inititives. As such we do a full linen change every 3 days unless requested. We also replace towels that are left on the floor but if they are hung up we respect your chioce to resue the terry in an attempt to conserve water in turn helping the environment. There is some literature regarding this policy on the hotel beds and in the guestroom bathroom. As far as your concerns about the room trash, we only take out what is and around the trash recepticle, some guests like to reuse their water bottles as such if it is not clearly trash we do not remove it from the room until check out.

Over the dates in question we had 3 large youth sports teams staying with us, as such this is why the towels ran out more quickly at the pool due to the large number of children using them. The pool was also locked so that it could be serviced however we opened it in order to accommodate those who wished to go swimming.

The pool is heated; when needed however; in 80+ degree weather we find most people prefer the pool to be slightly cooler and more refreshing.

Thank you for your review; I will make certain to bring up your comments in my next meeting so that we can use these to improve upon the points you mentioned. Without truly honest guests like yourself we would not know the specific points we need to address in our upcomming meetings!

Best,

Reviewed 12 August 2018

Our baseball team had a tournament a few miles away from hotel, and that is the reason we chose Wyndham. The rooms were moldy & musty. The walls, curtains and air conditioner vents had visible mold on them. When our coach told management about the problem in his room, the manager did not want to enter room and look because he had asthma. We lucked out because our room only had slight mold around the smoke detector on far wall. After hearing about the debacle our other team parents were going through with changing rooms, we felt our room was the least moldy. I mentioned it at check out, and explained where it was in our room. It was a weekend where temperatures reached the high 90's and there wasn't an ice machine on our floor. We had to use the 3rd floor machine. The breakfast was a plus, and we were all pleased with the selection.

Date of stay: August 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Jon B, General Manager at Wyndham Garden Glen Mills Wilmington, responded to this reviewResponded 14 August 2018

I am truly gad that you enjoyed our breakfast and were pleased with the selection. As far as your other concerns I am not certain who the coach spoke with as I was the Manager on Duty on the week in question and I did not speak to anyone with your group regarding the issues you mentioned. I did however have my maintenance crew inspect each room for signs of mildew near the air conditioning uints throughout the hotel based on your groups comments. I also had him check the smoke detector and we did find it to have some discoloration caused by excess wall-paper glue. Thank you for bringing this to my attention however. As far as your comments regarding the ice machines; we do have these on 2 of the 4 guest floors as well as on the first floor in the restaurant area.

Thank you again for taking the time to share your review.

Best,