“Typical diner”

Gap Diner Family Restaurant
Ranked #12 of 20 Restaurants in Gap
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 26 August 2017 via mobile

Stopped here for lunch after visiting in the area. It was not crowded and we were seated promptly. The waitress was enthusiastic and attentive. The mushroom soup and the corn chowder were very good. Tuna wrap was good and the steak sandwich adequate. Chicken quesadilla was very bland and no salsa or guacamole was offered. If I were in the area again I'd give it another shot but I wouldn't make a special trip for it.

Reviewed 25 August 2017 via mobile

Thought we would try an American diner, what a mistake the worst meal of the holiday in fact I was surprised I wasn't I'll. A battered prawn dish with dip I had to spit it out. That was it for dinners on this trip. Yuk.

Reviewed 21 August 2017 via mobile

I work in Gap and thought I would give it a try. The food was awful and I did not feel well afterward. The service was poor. Our order was messed up twice. It's a shame because they have a great location and there is a lot of opportunity, however it seems as though nothing has been done here in 40 years.

1  Thank Mark L
Reviewed 23 May 2017 via mobile

This was THE restaurant in Gap for 50 years, now it is a shadow of its former glory. The food is only edible; the prices are too high for the quality; the service is ok when the place is empty...which it usually is. It is virtually impossible to serve bad Pa Dutch Chicken Pot Pie, but they did. It was watery; the chicken was sparse; there was more bone and gristle than potatoes; the celery, carrots and onions were cooked to death; most of the important herbs were missing. The cole slaw was NOT Pa Dutch. My friends and neighbors warned me not to go. Now I am warning you! Don't be lured in by their sign or their clean, attractive building. It's a trap!!

2  Thank gnd46gnd
Reviewed 14 May 2017 via mobile

We dropped in to a virtually empty restaurant. My husband's fried chicken still frozen inside. Portions meager, no garnishes. Weird vibe.

1  Thank rascallyrabbit