“Good Food in a Friendly Place”
Review of Fogelsville Hotel

Fogelsville Hotel
Ranked #1 of 13 Restaurants in Fogelsville
Cuisines: American
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 13 September 2017

I have been there several times in the last few years. Since it became Hops' Fogelsville Hotel, it is even better. I have been there for dinner, and today went in for lunch. All the entrees and sides I have eaten were quite good, and the service has always been decent too. It can get very loud and noisy, so you might not want to go there for an intimate conversation.

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 6 September 2017

Parking in back. Nice outside eating area if you like. We ate inside. Very nice, tv for the sports guys but sound off. All the locals eat there, office workers and non-working people. They came for the great food. We were celebrating my sister's 80th and I mentioned it to one of the wait staff. They brought out a to die for slice of chocolate cake with decorative whipped cream and a candle. A few staff members sang the b-day song. What a nice surprise for my sister. However, let's talk about the delicious food. Daughter had scallops and there were about 9 really nice size ones, served with your choice of sides. I , and my sister and brother-in-law had crab cakes with fries. There was nothing left on the dish, and they were NOT stingy in the serving. I noticed some of the other meals being served and they all looked lovely. The presentations were terrific and everyone looked happy with their choices. The wait staff was very attentive to our needs and were very quick to respond. They have a lot of different beers and there is a bar that you walk through to get to the dining area. People were very friendly and reminds you of what you would see in an English pub. Friendly hellos to strangers as well as friends. I'm sorry to say we went there just before we left to come back to Florida. Good eats here. Don't miss this one. Prices were comparable to Starlite Diner and Chris' Diner. As they say, I ate til it ouched me. Enjoy this place---it is great!

Reviewed 6 September 2017

I was very pleased and happy with how seamless my daughter's bridal shower went. The menu was perfect .....thank you to the owner assisting me with the selections, the room set up beautifully, and the service was exceptional. I was given early access to the room for some additional decorating and every request was promptly addressed. I was very impressed with the attentiveness and efficiency of the servers with my guests. Would definitely have another event here!

Reviewed 14 August 2017

This is the second time we have had the chance to eat here and we will be back for a third.
The prime rib is fantastic, they have weekly specials and local beers on tap.

Reviewed 10 August 2017

Food quality is not as good anymore. They used to have a very nice crab sandwich. It's pretty mediocre stuff now. Nothing distinguishing about other sandwiches
The French fries are kind of limp.
Service is good.