“Wheelchair-Unfriendly”

Clarion Hotel & Conference Center at Exton
Ranked #8 of 9 Hotels in Exton
Reviewed 30 April 2012

A month ago I reserved three rooms for my family. One of those rooms was a handicapped accessible room with a roll-in shower. Since my husband is confined to a wheelchair, we travel with a portable lift and a portable shower chair. The bed in the handicapped acessible room was on a platform which made it impossible to use the lift to transfer him in to the bed. Threfore, it was necessary to have two chairs removed and a cot brought in..not a particularly comfortable situation for a grown man. The "roll-in shower" had a 1 1/2" lip so the shower chair could not roll in but rather had to be lifted by our son and myself in order for my husband to take a shower. To charge the wheelchair It was necessary to unplug the refrigerator. To charge the lift it was necessary to unplug the lamp. To charge my phone I had to unplug another lamp. The luggage rack was broken and a towel rack was broken. There were no drinking glasses and paper coffee cups were not replaced. Although dirty towels were taken, they were not fully replaced. Family in the other two rooms had similar problems with outlets and towels. Their comment was "poorly designed room". On the up side, the staff were very nice. I completed a survey e-mailed by the hotel and received a response by the manager indicating they were in the process of rennovating the handicapped accessible rooms. This is an older property that needs some work.

8  Thank babster
Chris B, Manager at Clarion Hotel & Conference Center at Exton, responded to this reviewResponded 2 May 2012

We appreciate any feed back that can assist us in being better at what we do. We will move, lower pretty much anything a guest request to make their stay more accessable with a wheel chair. I apologize you feel we did not do enough during your stay. The staff and I react and solve any requests we recieve.

C.Bryant, GM

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 30 April 2012

My husband and I had our wedding reception here, the food was great, not 1 thing went wrong, Noreen was with us every step of the way with planning and was very easy to get ahold of, and Jose was there throughout the whole reception making sure the photographer wasn't being too pushy, making sure we didnt need anything, got us any drinks we may need etc and all while smiling, he even popped into the photo booth with us =] Our complimentary room was amazing, it had 2 bathrooms with marble counter tops, robes and slippers, a huge sectional pull out sleeper sofa and tv in the living room, a king sized bed, 2 closets and a dressing area, and a bottle of champagne and amaaazing chocolate covered strawberries. Jose was kind enough to take our wedding cards to our room for us and packed our gifts onto a cart t send home with my father in law. Every single one of our guests said this was by far the best wedding they had been to. The cake which was included in the package through desserts international was absolutely perfect and the flowers which were also included through blue moon florist looked beautiful. They worked well with our dj and photo booth workers and the meals for the vendors were 1/2 off. I would definitely recommend to anyone who is getting married in Chester County to give them a call, speak to Noreen Gilbert and have the wedding of your dreams. The food was to die for and the prices were great. We had a complimentary breakfast the next morning and had omelets made for each of us personally and other freshly made hot breakfast foods. In the bathrooms the products are from the true blue line from bath and body works and The bar area had a band playing and food is available at all hours, though we didnt need food after our delicious meal.

Room Tip: The Suites are on the 4th floor, they are ammmazing and so quiet
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
ManagementTeamGM, Manager at Clarion Hotel & Conference Center at Exton, responded to this reviewResponded 30 April 2012

Dear DramaFreeMama ,

Thank you for allowing us to be a part of your wonderful day. Congrats on your wedding. We are so happy that we could accommodate you during this time in your life. We appreciate all of your comments about our staff. We will pass them on to them. They always enjoy hearing when they are doing a good job.

Thank you again for your time. We wish you the best of luck in your future. We hope that you will stay with us again in the future.

Reviewed 28 April 2012

My cousin and I went to PA for a memorial service. She has some health issues. The hotel put us in a room far from the elevator. We realized when we got to the floor the walk would be too much for her. I went back to the desk and asked to be moved. They were helpful, courteous and immediately moved us 2 rooms from the elevator. The room was clean, comfortable, spacious and quiet. We found the beds to be especially comfortable with 4 bedpillows on each bed. We had the full breakfast buffet. It was clean, good, fresh with a variety of juice, fruit, and made to order omlets. Most people seemed to be business travelers. There were many conference rooms and computer access. It seemed like a good spot to have a wedding reception, especially in warm weather near the outside pool. There were 2 pools. The inside one was warm and comfortable the outside still closed. Close to restaurants. We would definately stay there again

Dear Carol S,

Thank you for telling us about your recent stay during the Victims of Crime Memorial Service. We appreciate all of your comments. Are hotel is ideally located and is available for many special events that you may have. We will pass all of your comments on to our staff. We strive as a hotel to provide a clean, safe, and comfortable place to stay.

Thank you again for your time. We hope that you will stay with us again in the future.

Reviewed 27 April 2012

I have stayed here several times. Both times my experience was heightened by the "above and beyond" work ethic of the staff. I am from Oregon and when I travel so far from home I like to stay somewhere in which I feel like I'm at home. I was lucky enough to have several of the staff members on duty each time I stayed there. I would like to extend my appreciation to Dave in the maintenance dept who was also our shuttle driver. He offered to stay on until 1:00am in the morning to shuttle us back from our live show on QVC. He is an amazing employee and went way above and beyond to make our stay the best experience he could...many thanks for everything Dave! Also Linda the supervisor for the dining room was exceptional on all of my visits as well. Talk about an amazing employee, she also went "above and beyond" to make my stay as enjoyable as possible. Other thanks to Jack, Luke, Heiko, Chef Fidel (for making us food when the restaurant as closed) and Artasia at the front desk who greeted us with a BIG smile and was extremely helpful. I have never met any of these employees before my stay and haven't talked to them since. I never write reviews but this was such a great experience that I felt the need to. Thanks again!

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business

Dear Mari R,

Thank you for your great comments about our staff. We appreciate you taking the time to do this review. We will pass all of your comments on to our staff. They always appreciate hearing when they are doing a good job. We strive as a hotel to provide a clean, safe, and comfortable place to stay. We are so very happy that we could accommodate you and that you continue to stay with us when you return to the area.

Thank you again for your time, we look forward to your future visits to our hotel.

Reviewed 15 March 2012

I called the hotel weeks in advance to ask some questions about the hotel and try to get my reservation specifically for a Family Vacation. They could not match the price I was finding online at their own website, so I ended up actually reserving online. While I was talking with them and asking about a quiet family vacation for March 11th, the staff member didn't bother to tell me there would be a convention in the hotel. When we first arrived we were put into a room on the 3rd floor but the toilet leaked all over the floor when flushed (disgusting.) So we went down and were moved to another room, but told there was only 1 bed, no sleeper sofa for our son. When we and housekeeping arrived at the room we found there was a sofa sleeper so the cot they sent wasn't needed. The housekeeper seemed upset she had to bring it up for us and now we didn't want it. She eventually got us sheets for the sofa bed. Exhausted we sat on the bed on top of the covers only to find it cover in some sort of grit. We couldn't bear another change and knew they were too full to make a comperable change again, so we took off the cover and didn't use it. When we finally did get to sleep it was constantly interupted by the drunks screaming and slamming doors in the hallways ALL NIGHT LONG. At 4am we were awakened by loud pounding on the door, even my child got up this time. On check out I was not even asked how the night's stay was or how I was or if the stay was satisfactory. I guess the girl already knew! It was a horrible experience and we will NEVER GO BACK THERE!

Room Tip: Don't stay here unless you specifically ask if they are having a convention or large group.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
8  Thank Heather A
ManagementTeamGM, Manager at Clarion Hotel & Conference Center at Exton, responded to this reviewResponded 25 March 2012

Dear Heather A,

We would like to apologize for the issues you faced while our guest. Unfortunately this was a very last minute event that actually booked after you already had your reservation. Knowing the size of this group we did have extra security on that night and we wish you would have called us so that we could have had them address the issues immediately. Again I apologize that this effected your time with us.

Wyndham Garden Exton Valley Forge

Also consider these accommodations in or near Exton
0.9 km away
14.0 km away
Quality Inn & Suites
Quality Inn & Suites
#6 of 7 in West Chester

Been to Clarion Hotel & Conference Center at Exton? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK