“Had my wedding here...Now I want to get married every day- Thanks Jose and Noreen!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Clarion Hotel

Clarion Hotel
Ranked #7 of 8 Hotels in Exton
Exton, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 April 2012

My husband and I had our wedding reception here, the food was great, not 1 thing went wrong, Noreen was with us every step of the way with planning and was very easy to get ahold of, and Jose was there throughout the whole reception making sure the photographer wasn't being too pushy, making sure we didnt need anything, got us any drinks we may need etc and all while smiling, he even popped into the photo booth with us =] Our complimentary room was amazing, it had 2 bathrooms with marble counter tops, robes and slippers, a huge sectional pull out sleeper sofa and tv in the living room, a king sized bed, 2 closets and a dressing area, and a bottle of champagne and amaaazing chocolate covered strawberries. Jose was kind enough to take our wedding cards to our room for us and packed our gifts onto a cart t send home with my father in law. Every single one of our guests said this was by far the best wedding they had been to. The cake which was included in the package through desserts international was absolutely perfect and the flowers which were also included through blue moon florist looked beautiful. They worked well with our dj and photo booth workers and the meals for the vendors were 1/2 off. I would definitely recommend to anyone who is getting married in Chester County to give them a call, speak to Noreen Gilbert and have the wedding of your dreams. The food was to die for and the prices were great. We had a complimentary breakfast the next morning and had omelets made for each of us personally and other freshly made hot breakfast foods. In the bathrooms the products are from the true blue line from bath and body works and The bar area had a band playing and food is available at all hours, though we didnt need food after our delicious meal.

Room Tip: The Suites are on the 4th floor, they are ammmazing and so quiet
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
ManagementTeamGM, Manager at Clarion Hotel, responded to this review, 30 April 2012
Dear DramaFreeMama ,

Thank you for allowing us to be a part of your wonderful day. Congrats on your wedding. We are so happy that we could accommodate you during this time in your life. We appreciate all of your comments about our staff. We will pass them on to them. They always enjoy hearing when they are doing a good job.

Thank you again for your time. We wish you the best of luck in your future. We hope that you will stay with us again in the future.

Wyndham Garden Exton Valley Forge
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
Olmsted Falls, Ohio
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 April 2012

My cousin and I went to PA for a memorial service. She has some health issues. The hotel put us in a room far from the elevator. We realized when we got to the floor the walk would be too much for her. I went back to the desk and asked to be moved. They were helpful, courteous and immediately moved us 2 rooms from the elevator. The room was clean, comfortable, spacious and quiet. We found the beds to be especially comfortable with 4 bedpillows on each bed. We had the full breakfast buffet. It was clean, good, fresh with a variety of juice, fruit, and made to order omlets. Most people seemed to be business travelers. There were many conference rooms and computer access. It seemed like a good spot to have a wedding reception, especially in warm weather near the outside pool. There were 2 pools. The inside one was warm and comfortable the outside still closed. Close to restaurants. We would definately stay there again

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
Dear Carol S,

Thank you for telling us about your recent stay during the Victims of Crime Memorial Service. We appreciate all of your comments. Are hotel is ideally located and is available for many special events that you may have. We will pass all of your comments on to our staff. We strive as a hotel to provide a clean, safe, and comfortable place to stay.

Thank you again for your time. We hope that you will stay with us again in the future.

portland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 April 2012

I have stayed here several times. Both times my experience was heightened by the "above and beyond" work ethic of the staff. I am from Oregon and when I travel so far from home I like to stay somewhere in which I feel like I'm at home. I was lucky enough to have several of the staff members on duty each time I stayed there. I would like to extend my appreciation to Dave in the maintenance dept who was also our shuttle driver. He offered to stay on until 1:00am in the morning to shuttle us back from our live show on QVC. He is an amazing employee and went way above and beyond to make our stay the best experience he could...many thanks for everything Dave! Also Linda the supervisor for the dining room was exceptional on all of my visits as well. Talk about an amazing employee, she also went "above and beyond" to make my stay as enjoyable as possible. Other thanks to Jack, Luke, Heiko, Chef Fidel (for making us food when the restaurant as closed) and Artasia at the front desk who greeted us with a BIG smile and was extremely helpful. I have never met any of these employees before my stay and haven't talked to them since. I never write reviews but this was such a great experience that I felt the need to. Thanks again!

• Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
Dear Mari R,

Thank you for your great comments about our staff. We appreciate you taking the time to do this review. We will pass all of your comments on to our staff. They always appreciate hearing when they are doing a good job. We strive as a hotel to provide a clean, safe, and comfortable place to stay. We are so very happy that we could accommodate you and that you continue to stay with us when you return to the area.

Thank you again for your time, we look forward to your future visits to our hotel.

Baltimore, Maryland
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 March 2012

I called the hotel weeks in advance to ask some questions about the hotel and try to get my reservation specifically for a Family Vacation. They could not match the price I was finding online at their own website, so I ended up actually reserving online. While I was talking with them and asking about a quiet family vacation for March 11th, the staff member didn't bother to tell me there would be a convention in the hotel. When we first arrived we were put into a room on the 3rd floor but the toilet leaked all over the floor when flushed (disgusting.) So we went down and were moved to another room, but told there was only 1 bed, no sleeper sofa for our son. When we and housekeeping arrived at the room we found there was a sofa sleeper so the cot they sent wasn't needed. The housekeeper seemed upset she had to bring it up for us and now we didn't want it. She eventually got us sheets for the sofa bed. Exhausted we sat on the bed on top of the covers only to find it cover in some sort of grit. We couldn't bear another change and knew they were too full to make a comperable change again, so we took off the cover and didn't use it. When we finally did get to sleep it was constantly interupted by the drunks screaming and slamming doors in the hallways ALL NIGHT LONG. At 4am we were awakened by loud pounding on the door, even my child got up this time. On check out I was not even asked how the night's stay was or how I was or if the stay was satisfactory. I guess the girl already knew! It was a horrible experience and we will NEVER GO BACK THERE!

Room Tip: Don't stay here unless you specifically ask if they are having a convention or large group.
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
8 Thank Heather A
ManagementTeamGM, Manager at Clarion Hotel, responded to this review, 25 March 2012
Dear Heather A,

We would like to apologize for the issues you faced while our guest. Unfortunately this was a very last minute event that actually booked after you already had your reservation. Knowing the size of this group we did have extra security on that night and we wish you would have called us so that we could have had them address the issues immediately. Again I apologize that this effected your time with us.

Reigate, Surrey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 February 2012

Friendly staff, clean rooms, good value breakfast, brilliant free shuttle service from Rick and Rich, thanks Guys.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
ManagementTeamGM, Manager at Clarion Hotel, responded to this review, 25 February 2012
Dear Laurie99,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel the Wyndham Garden Exton Valley Forge. We appreciate all of your comments about your stay. We will pass them on to our staff. They always appreciate hearing when they do a good job. Thank you for mentioning Rick and Rich, our shuttle drivers. We strive as a hotel to provide great guest service to all of our guests at our hotel.

Thank you again for your time. We hope that you will come visit us again in the future.

Wyndham Garden Exton Valley Forge
Also consider these accommodations in or near Exton
2.6 km away
1.0 km away
Residence Inn Philadelphia Great Valley/Exton
5.0 km away
Home2 Suites by Hilton Downingtown Route 30

Been to Clarion Hotel? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK