“Stayed twice. A good night's sleep”
Review of Clarion Hotel

Clarion Hotel
Ranked #7 of 8 Hotels in Exton
Chicago
“Stayed twice. A good night's sleep”
Reviewed 14 December 2011

I have stayed twice at this hotel. Once I was on the second floor and once on the fourth floor. I am a memeber of the wyndham by rewards program and the first time I got in really late and there were probably not rooms on the fourth floor.

Both nights I slept well. Lots of pillows. Bed was fine. The fourth floor room had a king sized bed and a bigger bathroom area, which was nice.

Good breakfast with starbucks coffee (I think). Fresh fruit, made to order omlets.

Overall a nice stay. I am in the area for work periodically, and will stay again.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled on business
ManagementTeamGM, Manager at Clarion Hotel, responded to this review, 19 December 2011
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We appreciate all of your great comments about your room. We are also glad that you enjoyed your breakfast. We are going to pass all of these comments on to our staff. They always appreciate hearing when they are doing a great job.

Once again thank you for your time. We hope that you will come stay with us again really soon.
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
Madison, Wisconsin
Reviewed 5 October 2011

I am in the area for business, and will be for the coming weeks. Since I am on the road about 2/3 of my week, bedding and comfort are very important to me. I chose this hotel because based on the website it seemed like an "at home" kind of place, with complimentary breakfast (free with my corporate rate) and "Wyndham Be-Well" bedding.

Little did I know that "Be-Well" bedding means a mattress comparable to a conference room table, and a single blanket barely enough to keep me warm at night. Half the television channels had "no signal" and when I called to complain they said they would have someone check on it, and I still have heard nothing nor seen any results after 2 and a half days. The room also smelled like smoke, despite it being a non-smoking hotel. This was not just in my room either. 2 colleagues had the exact same complaints after the first night. To be fair the breakfast was good and the staff was friendly (though not particularly helpful).

I'll be back in town next week and I'm staying at one of the other hotels down the road

Room Tip: There are non. They are all out of date. But if you can ask for one that looks out the back of the h...
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled on business
8 Thank Tyler S
ManagementTeamGM, Manager at Clarion Hotel, responded to this review, 7 October 2011
Thank you for taking the time tor review our hotel. We are very sorry that you were not satisfied with your stay with us. We strive as a hotel to provide a clean, comfortable, and safe place to stay. We have passed your comments about your room and bed on to to our management team. We use these comments to better serve you and future guests.

Once again we are very sorry for your recent stay. We hope that you will consider us again on future visits to the area.
Downingtown, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 19 September 2011

I recently had a baby shower at the Wyndham Garden Exton Valley Forge and it was great. The staff worked well to coordinate the event and met all my needs and expectations. The food was excellent. I would definitely recommend it for anyone looking to host an event.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with friends
ManagementTeamGM, Manager at Clarion Hotel, responded to this review, 25 September 2011
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your event that you had a the hotel. We are very happy that we could accommodate the baby shower. We hope that you will consider us for future events.

The Wyndham Garden Exton is a convenient location for your meeting, convention or milestone event. Located in the heart of Chester County near Valley Forge and Lancaster in the Philadelphia suburbs. We have more than 10,000 square feet of flexible meeting space, including two spacious ballrooms, three additional meetings rooms and an Executive Boardroom, along with our Tented Pavilion and Rose Garden Gazebo adjacent to the outdoor pool

Thanks again for your time. We hope to see you in the future!!
Rice Lake, Wisconsin
Reviewed 10 September 2011

The staff were all most accommodating, the food excellent, and our room was well appointed and comfortable. I would recommend it highly to other travelers.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank mfilkins
ManagementTeamGM, Manager at Clarion Hotel, responded to this review, 19 September 2011
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We appreciate your comments about your stay. Thanks for commenting about your food. Your comments about your service will be passed on to our staff.

Thank you again for comments. We hope to see you again, on your next visit to the area!!
Wake Forest, North Carolina
Reviewed 8 September 2011

Stayed at the Wyndham for three nights, only needed a place to crash. Hotel has bar and restaurant, indoor and outdoor pool but did not use any of these. Free parking. Checked in late, check in was smooth and quick, (ran into the wedding party in the bar), room (west wing) was ready with Wyndham request snack inside and AC on. Wyndham web site says hotel is recently renovated. Lobby looks renovated and modern. Hallways look average, carpet looks new, all the room doors look old and original. The "room" we stayed in looked renovated, except for the wooden furniture looking a bit beat and old 70s wall o windows, new carpet, clean fresh walls, nice Wyndham bed and linens, flat screen TV. We had king with sofa. Room size is average. However the bathroom looked original from the 70s with green tile, old counter top, old wallpaper peeling on edges, loose towel racks and slow draining tub. Functional but old. Web site also says every room has a refrigerator but we never found ours. We just kept our cooler we brought loaded with ice. WiFi (free) signal was a bit weak in the room but seemed to work just fine. Housekeeping took our hand towels that were still hanging up after first night and didn't leave any new ones but other than that service was fine. Starbucks is next door and shopping center is about half mile away. Would probably stay again as long as the rate is competitive and lower than the newer hotels near by.

Room Tip: Upper floors are probably quieter
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
8 Thank Scubadoo
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We are currently working on renovating our hotel. We appreciate your comments. Thank you for your concerns about the bathroom in your room. We have passed these comments on to our staff. We are starting to correct such problems in the bathrooms. We are sorry that you did not have a refrigerator in your room. Refrigerators are only offered in our executive king rooms and executive double rooms only.

Thank you again for your time . We hope you will consider us again on future visits to the area.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Exton
0.6 km away
2.7 km away
Hilton Garden Inn Exton / West Chester
6.3 km away
Sheraton Great Valley Hotel

Been to Clarion Hotel? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK