All reviews delaware river front desk shuttle service next morning free breakfast flight was cancelled bit dated free shuttle the breakfast area late check definitely stay here again phl philadelphia microwave convenience
Reviewed 2 April 2018

Stayed at this property on March 9, 2018 for one night. We were flying to SFO as we were moving to California. We took the shuttle around 5:30 AM to PHL airport and the driver was very nice/good. It was dark outside since it was early. During the flight I realized that I'd left my new and very expensive prescription Ray-Ban sunglasses on the dresser next to the TV. I called from the tarmac to inquire if the housekeeper turned them in to the front desk. She had not. However the front desk put me on hold to find the person that cleaned the room. No sunglasses were "found". At that point the very helpful/concerned front desk person went to the already cleaned/serviced room where we'd stayed the night before to look behind the tv and dresser. Again, no sunglasses. However the front desk assured me that they would check further, and get back to me the next day. Still no one turned in my prescription sunglasses! WHY would a housekeeper not turn in PRESCRIPTION sunglasses? I was baffled! Until a friend told me that since the Ray-Ban frames were expensive, no doubt they would be resold on Ebay. At that point I called the Hotel again and offered a nice reward for their return and to please post this in the employees service area. I also said that I did not care who or why they took and kept the sunglasses- I was only interested in them being returned NO QUESTIONS ASKED. Yes it was my fault to leave the sunglasses behind. But yes the housekeeper, whom I was told worked in the Hilton hotels group for over four years, basically stole my new prescription sunglasses when she kept them.

1  Thank Jan B
HieFOM, Front Desk at Holiday Inn Express Philadelphia Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 8 April 2018

Dear Jan B,

Thank you for choosing Holiday Inn Express and for taking the time to provide feedback about your experience at Holiday Inn Express Philadelphia Airport.

I would like to start by apologizing to you for not meeting your expectations. We strive to make each stay as pleasant and comfortable as possible, and we will use your comments to coach our team in order to provide a better experience in the future.

Again, thank you for sharing your comments, and if I can be of assistance to you, please contact me directly at 610-521-1200 or lkelly@miragroup.net.

LaKosha D.

Reviewed 28 March 2018

We ended up staying here due to the waterfront inn which is located in the same parking lot not being a desirable safe place to stay. I think we overpaid due to being desperate for a room as we had show tickets at Harrahs casino and needed to check in & get out to the show ASAP. There is not much located in this area its sort of like a residential neighborhood. This hotel was clean & comfortable, our room had a refrigerator. The staff was very friendly & nice. They had a free shuttle to the casino which was convenient. Breakfast was included in the morning & it was more than continental breakfast, it had eggs, bacon, pancakes & more, it was good. Overall it was a good stay, we probably could have gotten a better price if we had booked this in advance rather than Bates motel (waterfront inn) next door.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Philadelphia Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 11 April 2018

Hi enigma00225,

I appreciate you sharing your thoughts about the room rates and I understand your sentiment about getting good value. In the future, you can take advantage of our advance saver rates. This pricing structure allows us to offer deeper discounts, so long as you agree to meet certain requirements at the time of booking. Our goal is to offer different rates so guests can choose the best rate for their travel plans. Simply ask our reservations team for availability. I am pleased to learn that you were delighted with breakfast; the bacon and pancakes always hit home. We can't wait for your return! Again, thank you for trusting Holiday Inn Express.

Kind regards,

Anna B
Case Manager
IHGService

Reviewed 24 March 2018

Dumped in Philadelphia due to an unexpected snowstorm, we had to scramble for a room along with thousands of other people. I'm glad we found this place.

From the prompt and courteous check-in to the better than average breakfast the next morning, it was an enjoyable stay that allowed us to rest up for the next leg of the journey. The room was clean, the king bed was comfortable, the pillows were great and the amenities were plentiful. It was also quiet, a bonus after a very long and stressful day. Especially appreciated was the list the front desk gave us with nearby eating establishments listed - try Romano's for their take-out.

Breakfast was very good, with a lot of hot and cold food options in a fairly spacious dining area. Another plus for this hotel is the FREE airport shuttle that runs every 30 minutes, 24-hours-a-day.

1  Thank WearyTravellery
Reviewed 15 March 2018 via mobile

We stayed at the hotel the night before flying out for vacation. They do not have a bar/restaurant but offer 24 hr shuttle service. They took us to the restaurant and we called for pickup. Shuttle was great to and from airport. Easy phone call and easy pickup. Only downfall is the rooms were outdated. But it was great for a quick over night stay. We also left our car there and everything worked out

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank P5kids
Reviewed 10 March 2018

The room was clean and accommodated 3 adults well. The microwave and refrigerator was a nice surprise. The free breakfast was helpful. The room rate was affordable for weekend. There is a river/lake nearby.CONS: The location was located in a remote residential area with few places to eat. The breakfast area is located in the lobby which is small.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Philadelphia Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 24 March 2018

Hello AttlanticCityLover,

Thank you for choosing us and for leaving a review. I am very happy to read your comments about your stay, especially that you found the rooms clean and the breakfast selection was just right. On the other hand, I regret that the breakfast area and property location negatively affected your overall satisfaction. Your comments are highly valuable to us and will assist us in our continuous efforts to maintain and improve the service level we aim for.

Best Regards,