Tom Ridge Environmental Center
Open today: 10:00 AM - 6:00 PM
Review Highlights
Great place to take grandkids

We enjoy taking our grandkids to TREC. They enjoy the Big Green Screen and the many displays in the... read more

Reviewed 4 weeks ago
GrannyinErie
Erie, Pennsylvania
Great Place to spend a Rainy Day

We stopped here expecting to kill an hour or so. I was wrong. We were here half a day, and the... read more

Reviewed 5 weeks ago
japrice
Bruin, PA
via mobile

All reviews observation tower gift shop green screen presque isle state park lake erie big screen interactive displays free attraction unique gifts natural history great place to learn rainy day great lakes hands on activities all ages front desk great for kids
Reviewed 3 October 2017

I assumed this was the visitor center for the Presque Isle State Park, it is located on the road to the park just before the entrance. We took the elevator to the top to look over the view of the lake and the amusement park below. The center has many exhibits, showing all the wildlife and plant life that is found in the area. They have a nice gift shop and a restaurant and lots of parking.

Reviewed 3 October 2017 via mobile

If you are looking for a fun afternoon for the family. This is it! A lot of fun for both young and old.

Reviewed 2 October 2017

I stopped by on my way from Presque Isle State Park. Whenever I go somewhere I read every sign and press every button to immerse myself in the experience. This is that sort of a place. Could be boring but if you pay attention, it's great. They have an introductory movie but they also have hourly films about environmental stuff, like Wild Weather. These movies are 45 minutes long and reasonably priced. Nice gift shop. I found a beautiful wind chime at a reasonable price.

Reviewed 1 October 2017 via mobile

There are a lot of different things to see & do here, from seeing different plants & wildlife to seeing a movie in their theater. You can go to the top & step outside & see a lot of places that are located nearby as well as get a great view of Lake Erie!

Reviewed 19 September 2017

We began a family day in Erie here and found that there were lots of interesting things to see and do for all the wide range of ages in our group. Good for a short visit. We did not see the movie that was playing, but found the rest quite interesting. There are awesome views from the tower!