“Very Clean”

Ranked #7 of 38 Hotels in Erie
Wisconsin
“Very Clean”
Reviewed 30 June 2012

This is a very clean, quiet motel. I picked it from the good reviews that I found on the internet and I wasn't disappointed. Yes, it is on a busy street, but there are lots of restaurants etc. around to choose from. Staff was very friendly.
The only problem I could find was the warm room. It had been hot that day and the air conditioner should have been turned on before we arrived. It took a long time to cool down. The bathroom was dated, but it was very, very clean. In fact I thought it was much cleaner than the chain motels.
It is only about 2 miles from the Presque Isle State Park which was nice.
I would definitely stay again if I was in the area.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
, Owner at Glass House Inn, responded to this review, 16 July 2012
Dear Monique,

Thank you for pointing out that your room was warm. When I check the rooms after cleaning I do try to turn the air conditioning if someone is checking in that day because of your review. Thanks so much for the idea and the great review. Hope you will stay with us again.

Laura Merryman
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (97)
NW PA
Reviewed 30 June 2012

This was our first visit to the Inn. Being a gardener, I enjoyed all the different flowers. The rooms are nice size and my husband loved the recliner. I didn't get to meet the owner but hopefully will get a chance some day. My only suggestion is to get some white daisy flowers. All gardens pop when white is added.

Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
, Owner at Glass House Inn, responded to this review, 16 July 2012
I love daisys as well I will try to work them in the garden next year. Thanks for the idea! I love my perennial garden but this time of the summer it is not as full of color as I would like. I keep working at it. No rain has been tough too. I hate when all the grass is burnt out too. Thank you for the nice review and staying with us. Hope you return.

Laura Merryman
Reviewed 25 June 2012

Clean, quiet motel. Free wifi, breakfast and heated pool. Other than the tv being a little dated. Very nice motel!!!!

• Stayed June 2012
, Owner at Glass House Inn, responded to this review, 26 June 2012
Dear Lendog,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our motel and for staying with us. We are pleased you liked our motel. We are slowly replacing our older TVs as we are able. Hope to see you again in the future.

Sincerely, Laura Merryman
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Reviewed 23 June 2012

The room was spacious enough and very clean. It had an individual airco, which made a lot of noise but worked fine. The fridge was good.

The breakfast was Spantan (only carbs), but what do you expect for this price: hence it met expectations.

The location is mediocre. It on a busy road and about 2 miles from Lake Erie. As an alternative for swimmin a small pool is available on premise. However I'd recommend to watch the sun down on the beaches of Peninsula Ilse.

Bonus: free Wifi

• Stayed June 2012
, Owner at Glass House Inn, responded to this review, 25 June 2012
Thank you for the review of our motel. We do take pride in how clean our rooms are. We are on US route 20 also known as West 26th Street at our location. The road is pretty busy during the day but does quiets down in the evening. We are NOT on an interstate. Right behind our motel is a quiet subdivision. We are 2 miles to the beaches. Only one turn,very easy.

Thank you for staying with us. Hope you enjoy your visit in our country. Laura Merryman
Setauket, New York
Reviewed 14 June 2012

I discovered this gem quite by accident, when I was looking for a reasonably priced place to stay during fishing weekends throughout the year. Not only is the motel clean and comfortable, it's close to just about everything that I need. Plenty of restaurants and shopping nearby, and Presque Isle is only a few minutes away. Management and staff are very friendly, and accommodating. After patronizing the Glass House Inn almost monthly for the past year-and-a-half, I find that I prefer it over the larger hotel chains, especially because of it's location (west of downtown Erie), and minutes from the Airport and I-79 and I-90

• Stayed June 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank Bigal72669
, Owner at Glass House Inn, responded to this review, 25 June 2012
We really enjoy having you stay with us and we really appreciate your kind thoughts about your "Home away from home" We hope the fish are biting next time you are here!

Tim Merryman