Glass House Inn
US$ 101
SpringHill Suites
US$ 129
Baymont Inn & Suites Erie(Erie)(Great Value!)
US$ 111
US$ 96
Wingate by Wyndham Erie(Erie)(Great Value!)
US$ 96
US$ 86
US$ 77
Travelocity
Red Roof Inn Erie(Erie)(Great Value!)
US$ 67
Sheraton.com
  • Pool
US$ 76
TripAdvisor
All reviewscontinental breakfastpresque islemotor courtfamily ownedpink tilemain roadchain hotelheated poolenjoyed our staybusy roadbit datedhome away from homestate parkcoffee makernice poola great place to stayrooms are clean
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 30 June 2012

This was our first visit to the Inn. Being a gardener, I enjoyed all the different flowers. The rooms are nice size and my husband loved the recliner. I didn't get to meet the owner but hopefully will get a chance some day. My only suggestion is to get some white daisy flowers. All gardens pop when white is added.

Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
Management response:Responded 16 July 2012

I love daisys as well I will try to work them in the garden next year. Thanks for the idea! I love my perennial garden but this time of the summer it is not as full of color as I would like. I keep working at it. No rain has been tough too. I hate when all the grass is burnt out too. Thank you for the nice review and staying with us. Hope you return.

Laura Merryman

Reviewed 25 June 2012

Clean, quiet motel. Free wifi, breakfast and heated pool. Other than the tv being a little dated. Very nice motel!!!!

• Stayed: June 2012
Management response:Responded 26 June 2012

Dear Lendog,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our motel and for staying with us. We are pleased you liked our motel. We are slowly replacing our older TVs as we are able. Hope to see you again in the future.

Sincerely, Laura Merryman

Reviewed 23 June 2012

The room was spacious enough and very clean. It had an individual airco, which made a lot of noise but worked fine. The fridge was good.

The breakfast was Spantan (only carbs), but what do you expect for this price: hence it met expectations.

The location is mediocre. It on a busy road and about 2 miles from Lake Erie. As an alternative for swimmin a small pool is available on premise. However I'd recommend to watch the sun down on the beaches of Peninsula Ilse.

Bonus: free Wifi

• Stayed: June 2012
Management response:Responded 25 June 2012

Thank you for the review of our motel. We do take pride in how clean our rooms are. We are on US route 20 also known as West 26th Street at our location. The road is pretty busy during the day but does quiets down in the evening. We are NOT on an interstate. Right behind our motel is a quiet subdivision. We are 2 miles to the beaches. Only one turn,very easy.

Thank you for staying with us. Hope you enjoy your visit in our country. Laura Merryman

Reviewed 14 June 2012

I discovered this gem quite by accident, when I was looking for a reasonably priced place to stay during fishing weekends throughout the year. Not only is the motel clean and comfortable, it's close to just about everything that I need. Plenty of restaurants and shopping nearby, and Presque Isle is only a few minutes away. Management and staff are very friendly, and accommodating. After patronizing the Glass House Inn almost monthly for the past year-and-a-half, I find that I prefer it over the larger hotel chains, especially because of it's location (west of downtown Erie), and minutes from the Airport and I-79 and I-90

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank Bigal72669
Management response:Responded 25 June 2012

We really enjoy having you stay with us and we really appreciate your kind thoughts about your "Home away from home" We hope the fish are biting next time you are here!

Tim Merryman

Reviewed 8 June 2012

My first impression of this hotel was "how adorable!!". The decor gives the hotel a rustic charm. The room was very clean (with a sweet little prayer card left on the beds for the guests to enjoy) and the staff equally as friendly. Flat screen TVs in the rooms as well as air conditioning. There was also a VERY comfortable reclining chair. My husband wanted to take it home with us. We've stayed in several hotels in Erie and when we saw the price and proximity of this one, we COULDN'T pass it up. It's very close to Presque Isle State Park as well as several restaurants and not too far from all the shopping on Peach Street. It's a very convenient, yet quiet place to stay. I highly recommend it and hope to stay there again in the future.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Lori R
glasshouseinn, Owner at Glass House Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 12 June 2012

We are so glad you liked our quaint motel. Thank you for staying with us. Have a wonderful summer. Hope to have you stay with us again. It was so nice of you to write this review.
Sincerely, Laura Merryman